• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gesshin Ginga Wa-Hankotsu Stainless, Zakuri Sabaki and Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDispossessed

Reaction score
Hey All!
Got three for sale today.

Gesshin Ginga Wa-Hankotsu, Swedish Stainless, 150mm (76grams) - $130 shipped CONUS

Got this one second hand, looked it over real well and decided to let it go simply because I'm a lefty and these knives are very asymmetric as many of you are aware. If that wasn't the case i'd definitely keep it as I have a Gesshin Ginga gyuto that i love and think it's really a great line of knives that Jon has there.
Some details, Looks like the knife has definitely been sharpened but not excessively or aggressively as there are no deep scratches, wonky bevels, notable loss of blade width, etc. Handle and saya in good shape, couple teeny tiny little chips out of the top of the ferrule right behind the choil but no cracking. This one comes w no box. I ran some 800 and 2000 grit wet dry sandpapers over the blade just to clean it up a little bit from the type of shallow scratches stainless tends to get from green scrubbies and what not.

Zakuri Sabaki 150mm, Blue #1 w/Kurouchi (127grams) - $80 shipped CONUS

Brand New never used or sharpened in the box. Awesome little beast of a knife, got some nice heft and looks like it'd be great as a boning knife, mini-kinda-deba for small fish, and beefy petty for basic utility. Double bevel w pretty even looking grind would be good for both hands. Standard D handle, decent piece of ??? wood, kind brownish, w a crappy black plastic ferrule but i've seen worse.

Zakuri Wa-Petty 120mm, Blue #1 w/Kurouchi (65grams) - $50 Shipped CONUS

Brand New never used or sharpened in the box. Somewhat sturdy little petty with a great (IMO) profile, pretty flat blade makes all of that 120mm useful. Same grind and handle as above.

Here's a link to some crappy iPhone pics, feel free to request more if needed, and If you're interested in multiple knives I'll adjust shipping costs for a discount.

https://plus.google.com/101238579861563358273/posts/3aoiHmiDp1t

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back