Need food processor recommendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah, I really DO not have one, but making Chimichurri the other day I cursed and cursed and cursed ... then I found two other recipes I liked and that were calling for using a food processor ... man, I need one!

Here's the thing: I do NOT want to buy an expensive one. Why? I don't know how much longer we're going to live in the US, and where we move next. After two overseas moves I really try to avoid buying expensive electronics only to sell them after 2-3 years for 2 cents on the dollar because they don't work in the "other" country.

I know, I could buy transformers ... but hey, ever seen one that works with 1000W or more? They are BULKY, and if you ever experienced one exploding, you stay away.

So, any recommendations for a sub $100 food processor?

And while we're at it, a cheap Mandoline is something I need as well ... I don't like cutting with my knives :lol2:

And while we're at it, a cheap Mandoline is something I need as well ... I don't like cutting with my knives :lol2:

Benriner Mandoline works well... not too expensive I think :dontknow:

I found a good Cuisinart model around that price at t.j. Maxx.

Can you be the guy buying for 2 to 3 cents on the dollar? Local Craig's list, used restaurant supply? Cheap food processors are just that.

An alternative would be a refurbished VMix. They hold value well and accomplish much the same thing as a food processor.

those little 3.5 cup ones arent bad and are cheap. we beat the heck out of one for just simple small stuff like garlic and its still going strong. they dont really have any features other then pulse and puree but thats all you seem to be looking for anyway.
https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFC3511OB-3-5-Cup-Food-Chopper/dp/B005MMNAGC
that is the one we abuse but they are all pretty similar if that size doesnt bother you.

Last edited by a moderator:
those little 3.5 cup ones arent bad and are cheap. we beat the heck out of one for just simple small stuff like garlic and its still going strong. they dont really have any features other then pulse and puree but thats all you seem to be looking for anyway.
https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KFC3511OB-3-5-Cup-Food-Chopper/dp/B005MMNAGC
that is the one we abuse but they are all pretty similar if that size doesnt bother you.

I use something like this most of the time at home as well. A small one my wife had from college. If you are just doing cookies, nuts, or fruits this is what I reach for I put it all in the dishwasher and I am done in minutes.

For my larger needs I found a kitchen aid on rebate for 60 bucks 9 or so years ago. Works fine, nothing special just gets it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was also looking for an inexpensive food processor. I ended up getting one off ebay for $70. There is a huge selection of them on ebay for under a $100.

Back