Quantcast
My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread. - Page 4
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Never tried to force patina on my knifes on til now

My suji honyaki white steel

That's the best looking forced patina I've ever seen... most of them come out looking artificial, but I like how yours looks very natural. How'd you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceconvoy View Post
    That's the best looking forced patina I've ever seen... most of them come out looking artificial, but I like how yours looks very natural. How'd you do it?
    yeah. i want to know to looks really good

Not sure I can top any of those photos, but here is a close up of my poor little Fujiwara.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceconvoy View Post
    Mustard and oxalic acid it seems to give black patina like KU i like it a lot

Maxim and EdipisReks, what did you guys use to apply your mustard (or whatever you used) to get that pattern? It looks really cool to me and I may try it out myself.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Maxim and EdipisReks, what did you guys use to apply your mustard (or whatever you used) to get that pattern? It looks really cool to me and I may try it out myself.
    i used a crumpled up paper towel and then my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    I'll have to look through the thread, again, but did you already say what you used for the patina? Thanks for the tip. That patina looks great!

Edit: found it. So you applied some vinegar first and let it sit before adding mustard? I'm not totally clear on the process of how one does this (newb here :smile1: )

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Me to

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Edit: found it. So you applied some vinegar first and let it sit before adding mustard? I'm not totally clear on the process of how one does this (newb here :smile1: )
    yeah, basically that's how i did it. vinegar for a while, then daubed mustard.