• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Burn chestnuts handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a burn chestnut handle to put on my Kato 210 mm Suji. With Buffalo horn.
If someone have one spear please contact me 😀.
Regards Matteo 😊

All the ho wood handles are intended for single bevels...and ebony is well, ebony. Show me a vendor that will sell me handles for gyuto(non ebony)and I would be all over it as well.

Try these...haven't ordered one yet but a good selection...including basic ho w/ horn at reasonable prices...not sure about shipping.

I am pretty sure JCK will sell handles, though they don't advertise. I believe they have d or octagon ho with buffalo horn from Mizuno. I've gotten a quote a while back, worth looking into.

there is clearly enough interest. someone should really stock burnt chestnut handles and nicer finished ho wood ones in both D and octagon shapes and also offer rehandling service to fill this void. maxim used to carry octo chestnut, i don't know why he stopped?

you might try tower knives osaka for ho or ichi octagonal handles.
I also wrote Moritaka for rosewood handles. They helped but it took a while.

Takeshi at aframestokyo.com frequently has these and though he doesn't list them for sale i bet he would sell them individually.

I have a D and octagonal ho wood handle, both with black buffalo horn, both were removed for a custom handling job. Please drop me an email and I'll see if I can send the pics. Would prefer to sell both in order to save on shipping. Or I could trade for something too.

Try to convince the guys at cleancut to get some for you. :)
At least they are local.
Or ask Dan or Robin...

Back