Bob Kramer Zwilling Santoku - Come to me, baby!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerian

Reaction score
Hi guys

After reading the positive remarks here I just decided that my second "serious" knife should be a Bob Kramer Edition Zwilling knife. Since I don't own a Santoku yet but have several chefs knives lying around I opted for the 7 inch Santoku. :cool2:

I ordered at an Amazon market place shop, the only one that allowed me to order to a German delivery adress. I wonder if this is going to work.

Any experience with ordering kitchen knives to Europe from US?

Thanks for your feedback.

Val.

The only international knife purchase I've made so far was from the UK to the US... It took less than 2 weeks.

Crazy times that we are living in where you have to order a German knife from the USA even though you are IN Germany.

To further complicate things, aren't these German, American designed knives made in Japan?

I ordered a Tojiro dp from the US to Slovenia. It took 3 week. Other than paying for customs :), i didnt have any problems.

To further complicate things, aren't these German, American designed knives made in Japan?

I didn't realize they where making them in Seki, but I just looked it up.
So yeah: German company, American design, American steel, African blackwood, Japanese production, and American distribution..... What an international affair!

And to further complicate things it seems that, from another thread, the limited edition damy version uses euro steel folded by a German.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I thought it indeed a little crazy to order a German knive from US to Germany. I don't understand why these Kramer Zwilling knives are not available in Switzerland.

Now that you tell me the knife is made in Japan I find it even crazier. Global knife takes on a new meaning.

I hope it cuts my local veggies anyway. :)

Any thoughts about the Santoku? I realize it's not so popular a form here on the board. Why is that?

Val.

Val.

From US to Europe the only problems I've had are the import duty and tax.

Latest posts

Back