$11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not right. That's not even a K Sab! It looks like o e f the Chinese "Sabatier" knives you find at Winners and TJ Maxx.

I received the same knife and it is in fact a cheap "Made in China" Sabatier. I have contacted the seller asking them to replace this with the item I ordered.

Looks like a lot of us are going to be dealing with amazon refunds....

I dont want a refund myself, I want the item I ordered. In all fairness Amazon did give me a $15 credit for the problem. The seller emailed me back asking me to contact Amazon since they shipped the order. Amazon asked that I contact the seller....

I was hoping for the Ksab to try out the French profile. I'll just end up giving these away.

No, I'm with bkultra. I want the knife I ordered. Which are obviously still available as they have them now listed at 60 bucks. I'd settle for a 60 dollar refund. ;-)

This is blatant misleading of a customer, but $11 is all we'll get.

I totally agree, for me it's too much of a pain to return as I had them shipped to my hotel while I'm in Chicago. No way for me to easily return them. If anyone works out a way to get these swapped out I'd love to know.

This is blatant misleading of a customer, but $11 is all we'll get.

Of course you're right, but it had to be said. It actually borders on fraudulent advertising. Anyone up for a class action suit? <G>

I spoke wit Amazon again... I informed them of the amount of knives sold yesterday and that many would be looking to get the item they order and were promised. I refused the refund and they asked I send the knife in for review. They stated that if it in anyway differs from the described item (by appearance or otherwise) the seller would be held accountable. I would in courage everyone to contact Amazon, they are there to help with matter like this

PS I came out of lurking for this and no one noticed :D

I am on live chat right as we speak, chewing some ass

I spoke wit Amazon again... I informed them of the amount of knives sold yesterday and that many would be looking to get the item they order and were promised. I refused the refund and they asked I send the knife in for review. They stated that if it in anyway differs from the described item (by appearance or otherwise) the seller would be held accountable. I would in courage everyone to contact Amazon, they are there to help with matter like this

PS I came out of lurking for this and no one noticed :D
Well............WELCOME for crissakes. LOL Where did you find a number to actually talk to someone. Or was that just a figure of speech? Not that I think there is even a vague possibility that the seller will make this right.

Luckily, in the state of Nevada, which amazon has a depot located in. You can be held liable as a website for fraudulent postings such as this and I am leaning on them a bit on live chat.

no joy, I will call them tomorrow and see

Got shipping confirmation, not looking forward to the hassle if this is the incorrect item.

I knew it was too good to be true.

Yep I just got mine and sure enough it is the knockoff, I guess I'll be chatting with someone later tonight since I bought 2. I guess I'll be getting credit.

Well............WELCOME for crissakes. LOL Where did you find a number to actually talk to someone. Or was that just a figure of speech? Not that I think there is even a vague possibility that the seller will make this right.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=518316

Click contact us, it will ask how you want to be contacted (email, call us,live chat) if you hit call us you will have to enter your phone number and they will call you

Boy this sucks. My package is due Thursday.

I am just glad my co-workers did not get any and that I had enough restraint to only buy 2.

Back