2000th Member Giveaway!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idilie and dosa......and yes still my fav

As a child, one of my favorite things to eat was actually the hot-case cheeseburger at the AM/PM. They were these greasy, rubbery little things with a soggy bun and a slice of American cheese; you could buy them for less than a buck a piece, and I'd frequently get two or three and stack them together with a squirt of mayo from a little packet. It's no wonder that I was an overweight child, but hell, I still remember with fondness walking in to the convenience store, grabbing a handful of those aluminum-foil wrapped burger-bombs, and making myself sick.

The last time I was in Tucson I found an AM/PM that still carried them, almost 15 years since I'd last had one, and bought out their entire supply.

Edit - someone was kind enough to upload a picture of these horrible (and delicious) little bastards!

ampm1png.png

One things is as a little boy i and my friends went to a small Mexican restaurant and for 35 cents two sauced tortilla's .
which was there sauce for other dishes rolled up in a flour tortilla . I miss that place, family owned .

My mother's world famous Cha Gio (shrimp, pork and shrimp springrolls) and her Thit Heo Kho ( we just call it brown meat) fresh pork belly stewed in fish sauce, burnt sugar, coconut water , onions, garlic, scallions and either hard boiled chicken or my favorite quail eggs served over rice. Salty, sweet and savory. yumm.
My fathers Homemade chili and his slow cooked bbq brisket. finger licking good.

Spagetthi Bolognese. My fathers that spent what felt like an eternity on the stove. Oh yeah, i'm not eating as much pasta as i used to but still indulge sometimes...
My kids also love "pappas meatsauce" but it's probably a tie between that and pyttipanna with fried eggs for them.

I remember walking home from school extra quick if I knew there was left over spaghetti n the fridge. Best of all though, Christmas cookie - peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's kiss in the middle. My wife calls them peanut butter butter blossoms. I call them peanut butter crack nipples.

Tonkatsu (made of cutlets from the loin) with shredded cabbage and LOTS of hot, fresh rice. I could eat four or five whole pieces in a sitting. My sauce of choice was the Ikari brand tonkatsu sauce. And, I had to have milk to drink while eating it.

On the rare occasion I do make tonkatsu, I still eat a bunch of it (at least 2 or three whole pieces), and I still drink milk while eating it, or beer now that I'm an adult. But, I now prefer Bulldog tonkatsu sauce. :)

Keep 'em coming, guys! This is fun to read. :)

I'll get a pic of the little prize posted tomorrow. I meant to do it lat night, but ran out of time and I work literally all day, today. It should be up by tomorrow at noon, which will be the cut-off.

To select a winner, I'm going to do a random number generator, bringing it down to five. The five will then be given new numbers (1-5), I'll repeat and bring it down to three and do the same. THEN, I'll announce the lucky new owner of an old knife :D

Mine used to the be the blue box Mac and Cheese. My tastes have changes or they've changes their recipe to cheapen it up (likely both) but can't really stand the stuff anymore.

Hamburgers. Hamburgers. Hamburgers. In my teens, mom would fix them for me for breakfast.
Still love hamburgers.

This thread brings back some memories, including the Peanut Butter Fudge my Grandmother used to make. I don't eat any fudge now, not because its the most unhealthy food that exists, but because it all tastes like crap. Tomorrow I google.

Mine were mom's homemade potstickers, made with pork, sun dried cabbage, and chives. very labor intensive. since my parents live close, the guys at the firehouse get to enjoy them every so often...

Fondue savoyarde (cheese fondue). I'm not sure anyone outside Europe does know the figure of Astérix, and the album Astérix and the Helvetians. I still like it, occasionaly and with - some - moderation.

Holy cow, it's so hard to pick one! Simple chocolate cake batter and a spoon? Chef Boy ravioli straight from the can? Maybe I'll have to go with pizza, in my mind the most prefect food ever. No utensils or plates needed, and you can use anything for toppings. And sometimes we did, money wasn't always easy to come by, but we always had a wealth of creativity!

Here's the prize. As I said, it needs love, but the profile is good and it won't take too much to tune it up and turn it into a great knife.

EF28F61F-1A55-490C-A302-0AE08BDAD4C2-12226-00001159C0A6838D.jpg

Drawing will start once my coffee is brewed. It's French press, so I have to grind the beans, boil the water, let it cool a bit, pour it into the press, then wait 3-4 minutes. So, if you want in, you'd better get those submissions posted :)

Closed!

Random Number Generator App has chosen these 5....

Knyfeknerd
Dusty
Steeley
RobinW
DeepCSwede

11 random gens now, and the guy with the most "pulls" wins!

3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 1, 2

The winner is Knyfenerd! Congrats!

Pm me your info and we can get this baby out! I want to see what you end up doing with it. :)

Thanks everyone.

Wow! Thanks Lefty! I'll pm you later. I won some scales from Mark last month too .....hmmmmm maybe a giveaway wip??

That would be AWESOME!!! Can I get this week's lotto numbers from you, while we're at it?

Two wins in a week would be a bit excessive :sad0: - Congrats knyfeknerd and looking forward to seeing what you do with it.:doublethumbsup:

Back