A potential sous-vide candidate?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrote a HACCP for our 48 hour short rib (turns out servsafe was good for something after all), however I am in Ohio and our health inspector loves us and was happy to work with us. I don't know what the regulations are for you over there, but I will be more than happy to send it to you if you want, just PM me your email!

because when the health dept came to do their annual inspection they freaked out when they saw "sous vide" on the menu.

Well, that's absurd. Health inspections are a good idea gone horribly wrong.

I am pretty happy though, we got zero demerits on our last one. Not bad for a catering/cafeteria kitchen.

I wrote a HACCP for our 48 hour short rib (turns out servsafe was good for something after all), however I am in Ohio and our health inspector loves us and was happy to work with us. I don't know what the regulations are for you over there, but I will be more than happy to send it to you if you want, just PM me your email!

Thanks but the County HD wrote one for us. It's been interesting. Oh, and BTW, according to my HD the FDA has not approved sous vide fish. You have to get a variance.

Interesting, ours says something about having to either discard products after 48 hours of cooking or freeze them indefinitely, haven't run into any problems with fish yet! Do you hot hold the food in your water bath for extended periods of time, or drop to reheat on order?

I do this at work. Trimmed green beans in bag with olive oil salt and pepper, 4 minutes @ 85 degrees celcius then shocked in ice bath or served immediately

edit: i see you meant beans of the legume variety

Back