All Rectangle March?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@HumbleHomeCook is this a rectangle holding your rectangles?
1711947391524.jpeg

Is this 52100? What creates that banding? if you polished another Eddworks knife prepared with the same mono steel in the same way, would it likely exhibit banding too?
Yes it's 52100, I've had a Markin 52100 that had even more obvious banding and have seen it in A2, 1.2519, some honyaki, etc. @eddworks can better answer if his other knives would have the same characteristic. I have tried two other Eddworks 52100s and didn't notice this banding in either of them but they could have been etched differently, who knows.

Yes it's 52100, I've had a Markin 52100 that had even more obvious banding and have seen it in A2, 1.2519, some honyaki, etc. @eddworks can better answer if his other knives would have the same characteristic. I have tried two other Eddworks 52100s and didn't notice this banding in either of them but they could have been etched differently, who knows.
It’s bloody outstanding. Thanks for the info

I see this banding on most of the 52100 when I etch it, but it usually "washes off" pretty quickly. Cool that it stuck around on this one!

Back