An Update On Orders

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for giving me the time I needed to sort things out. I am back at work at whole capacity and am completing and shipping orders out.

Marko

Please enjoy your Christmas instead of pushing yourself to fulfill any obligations.

Thanks folks.

I am cooking a dinner today and will be cooking a dinner for the New Year's Eve, but with the exception of the 25th, I will be working the rest of the remaining year and then roll into a New Year. Hopefully I will break through soon.

M

A quick update.

Have a few knives finished (prepaid orders for ready made or practice) and am sending these out. Also will send out strops.

My supplier of felt is out of the kind that I use and has some on order (should receive it shortly), so there is a delay with producing magnetically lined felt pads and strops. Leather is on order and should arrive shortly, so it could be used as a substitute.

Knives that I haven't started yet, some 225mm and others, I can offer a western handle choice to make up for the wait. I mentioned in a western handle thread that I will take a break from making wa handles and will concentrate on western to shorten the learning curve, but so far I am pretty satisfied with my work, so 2-4 western handles should allow me to figure out all details of the process and iron out the wrinkles, so to speak.

Thanks,
Marko

I've heard too many good things about your D style wa-handles so I don't mind waiting.

I will clear it tonight and try to respond to all who contacted me.

Hi Marko,

I'm interested in buying a cutting board, strop + base, Masamoto refinish + rehandle and ready-made gyuto. I've been trying to get in touch with you in the last few weeks. Maybe my e-mails are lost in some spam filter or blocked in some way...

What would be the best way to contact you and make sure that you receive my messages?

Regards,

bef

At this point I am stopping taking any new orders for custom work due to a work load and existing obligations.

There will be some ready-made knives for sale periodically, but majority of my time will go to fulfilling paid orders (practice and ready-made) and custom orders from the list.

I got myself in a much better position production-wise in the past 3 months, I addressed all areas where I have been inefficient, but still filling in orders has been slow, so I need to close the book until I get to a better place. How long it will be I don't know. I am back to a one-man shop as of Monday next week.

I mentioned before that I will honor all custom orders that I agreed to and I also will offer incentives (like changing wa to western where possible) and doing some gratis work.

The road has been bumpy, I am not very good at multitasking, but I count on your understanding and patience. The more I do this, the more are new things to learn.

Thank you,

Marko

A really good news (the reason for starting this thread) is that my father's health has improved considerably. After 31 days in a hospital and after loosing 30lb in the first 11 days, he bounced back and has been improving. This has allowed me to push my trip to late April early May and concentrate on work instead. A huge relief for me, as it was one of the worst timing.

congratulations, that’s fantastic news! Wishing your father a speedy recovery!!

Good luck on getting caught up Marko, and best wishes for your father's full recovery.

Back