Announcement for 2016 and A Catcheside Christmas Sparkles WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The damascus in the lower portion of that cleaver is so understated yet so vibrant at the same time!

Thanks Mike it took some polishing to get it to pop like that, on the zoomed in pics you can see my oily finger print reflected in places which highlights the fine nature of the materials.
Many saxon influences here, the edge materials being the highest carbon and the highest concentrated layer count where it counts. The edging technique is called "dog tooth" and is often seen in saxon composite patterns interrupting the pattern and creating movement with teeth or rounded dovetails between the pieces. Dog teeth can also be chiseled into the pattern in flat laminates which reveals on grinding the bevels, but this is the technique used for composites, the joint is cut.:biggrin:

WillC - seriously that nakiri (& your WIP) is just so awe inspiring! Stunning work & I really appreciate the time it took just to capture this creation and to share some of it with us! Well done sir!

Tom

Thanks everyone, I feel very lucky to get to do this type of work from time to time its a pleasure to share. :)

Back