Antique shopping, found 2 Japanese. Need help identifying

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey everyone, so in preparation of buying some sharpening stones i decided to go out and look for some cheap blades to use as practice. as we were shopping i found various cleavers which were cheap enough but came across 2 Japanese knives a deba and santoku. the prices was cheap enough to buy without asking much but the tags only said "old Japanese knife" can anyone translate or know the maker?

The first one is made by 刀都. I'm a Japanese native speaker, but I can't tell how to read it, maybe Tou-to, meaning sword city. There are not so much information about this name on the internet.

The second deba is 近景 (KinKei). It used to be a brand of Kai, but has been discontinued already.

The first one is made by 刀都. I'm a Japanese native speaker, but I can't tell how to read it, maybe Tou-to, meaning sword city. There are not so much information about this name on the internet.

The second deba is 近景 (KinKei). It used to be a brand of Kai, but has been discontinued already.

Thank you, that was alot faster than I expected. Now I can try to find some information if possible.

sorry the second one is probably pronounced "Chikakage". It's usually Kinkei, but in this case it should be named after a known sword smith in 24th century whose name was 近景 Chikakage.

Latest posts

Back