Anton's Knife Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Truly beautiful stuff.
What's next?

what's that little nakiri I spy? Beautiful collection btw

Stunning collection! The DT's are just amazing.

Hi Anton,
How long have you been collecting these? And do you use them all equally or some don't get used so much? Which ones are everyday use and which ones only come up occasionally? What tasks do you use each one for?

Loaded questions here....

Better knives; on and off for 5-6 years? However the "collecting" part more like 2-3 years I guess.
Some do get more love than others, but as you can see there is a large number of "repetitive" size Gyutos. I enjoy comparing the differences in performance and sharpening, and lately the custom handle bug bit me. I'm a home cook with the occasional catering event or dinner party as my knife testing ground.

Space is more the driver for what gets used at one time; I only keep 4-6 knives at hand so I rotate these every month or so; with the 1-2 that I can't seem to put away - a Damascus being one of them. I like to say there is no drawer queen, but the best knives for my style and likes do seem to have more use than others; which eventually get cycled out to better homes, somewhat partly so I can keep playing with others. As beautiful as some of these are; there is only so much cutting I can do.

Thanks for answering my question. So what is your current favorites and what tasks you use them for?

You know, we seems to be in similar circumstances. Hobbyist with a desk job and an interest in cooking. I am looking into branching out into community events too.

WOW! You have been busy my friend. Great looking collection, really, really nice. Nice work and great taste!

I don't know what to appreciate more, the actual knives you have, or the handles put on them.
Great collection you have there.

Some requested close up of Harner

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

I thought you were busy traveling for work recently.

Apparently, you're keeping busy buying more knives. Haha!

I thought you were busy traveling for work recently.

Apparently, you're keeping busy buying more knives. Haha!

Hey,
I've had some of these for a while, just never got around to post them and also my photo skills are nill - so finally got some help in that department.

But I have been traveling like crazy.. but there's this thing; no matter where I go the Internet keeps finding me....

You have my dream collection. You're missing a Rader, a Catcheside, and a Billipp. Other than that, I think this is perfect. Wow....

You have my dream collection. You're missing a Rader, a Catcheside, and a Billipp. Other than that, I think this is perfect. Wow....

If Anton is traveling maybe we can do us a little caper and steal them :p

I'm definitely waiting for your next "garage sale". Amazing collection!

Hi Anton damn!!! how many knives do you have exactly? Lol I'm so jealous. ..

These are some really great knives. Can't say enough good things about Michael as a custom maker. I truly enjoyed every step of the custom making process; from material selection; Michael talking me out of some crazy ideas; me trying to convincing him otherwise; him talking some sense back into me (he was right....); his patience, and well... the final product. A truly exemplary set of knives. FF is just, perfect, I mean; PERFECT. I just used these in the kitchen for the first time and they impart such a great feel, starting from the handles which are a little larger to accommodate my big paws; to the "organic feel" of the full blade; to just the joy of using such tools and everything in between.

Here is a mini pictorial of these

39167ece_o.jpg

2c8cfc07_o.jpg

2b58ff54_o.jpg

08fe6d47_o.jpg

handles 3 (1).jpg

sorry for the multiple pictures of these on this and other threads; It's like showing pictures of your kids I guess...
Pictures of beautiful masterpiece like this? Please keep them coming. I want more!!! :doublethumbsup:
Those curvy lines on the blades are just magnificent. I am bookmarking this page.

Back