Anton's Knife Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloodroot blades
These guys are great to work with. Was fortunate to get on the list last year before it went to a 20 month wait or something like that. A joy to work with these guys

This is custom profile and handle; 230mm with a beautiful piece of ironwood I got from Mike Henry as he was closing shop. Brass spacers with a piece of ivory from a 1899 Steinway piano keys. This is forged by hand (no power hammer) from a bar; which is most impressive.

Anyway, these guys turned this into a very classic piece and they were extremely helpful in designing and steering me in the right direction. Couldn't be happier with how this turned out

image.jpgimage.jpg

Spectacular Ironwood. That and figured Koa are my favorite woods.

Anton what do you mean forged from a bar, no power hammer? You mean he used brute force and hammered the bar without any hydraulics?

I also have a knife from Bloodroot. The first one was from an old VW choil spring i believe, the second from an old saw mill blade. These guys do amazing work. They told me 6 months and it was Exactly that, but that was a while ago.

I also have a knife from Bloodroot. The first one was from an old VW choil spring i believe, the second from an old saw mill blade. These guys do amazing work. They told me 6 months and it was Exactly that, but that was a while ago.

Exactly, I waited for 9 months and they contacted me the day of. And then delivered as promised

Just got this custom boning from the guys at Bloodroot

It's O1 at HRC 60 and differentially tempered. Strong distal taper and moderate flex.
Handle is brass and claro walnut

DSC_1960.jpg

Wow - just - Wow! Anton ... I just stumbled on this sub-forum (probably from trying not to go here) ... very impressive but to scared to my core at what this may cost me going forward ?! Not competative just wanton ...

Absolutely beautiful assembly/assortment/collection ... they all apply

BMB

Wow that handle is gorgeous! Not super flashy but just so well done and that wood is great! Love the dark brown richness to it.

Set of Oyster knives

This was a great project where I got to use a bunch of the wood I've been stashing. Came up with the design and the guys at BR tweaked it and made it their own.

Black Handles are Bog Oak from Burl Source
Bloodwood
Redwood burl, also from Burlsource
Walnut, Also from Burlsource
and A nice piece of B Rosewood

Brass and Antler spacers

Note: I was advised by Bloodroot that they are no longer making Oyster knives

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

Not knives, but these are the boxes for the Oyster knives above, VERY happy with how these came out. These are made with Walnut, and some awesome grain. Maker put tremendous effort into matching the grains to each panel, over 80hrs total. These are hand planed

DSC_0018.jpgDSC_0017.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 450
Mate, your friends and family are lucky to have you. The amount of thought and effort and planning that went to these must have been enormous.

Back