Anyone else into watches?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 4717A667-67B8-4D8B-A280-23F192A5EA36.jpeg
    4717A667-67B8-4D8B-A280-23F192A5EA36.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
This is watch use the most. Yardwork, Hiking, walking longer distance close to 10 miles with lots of hills. At my age to keep up with hiking group all younger than me have to keep moving. It's titanium body, sapphire crystal very tough watch easy to read at a glance.
Only thing is with a lot of sweating need to wash the pull through band at least twice a month.
20231111_000649.jpg

I was a while back, but lost interest when I realized I hardly ever wear watches. I kept a VC Overseas Gen 2 and a Sinn U1, but it's been a while since either has been on my wrist.

I;m not "into" wristwatches. I have a few, and my taste change here and there.

I have one more purchase in my life. I will buy an Omega Moonwatch as I get closer to retirement.

Oh man, if it’s expensive, it’s my hobby. My curse for life 😭, just ask my wife lol. I have a bunch more (love Seikos lol) but these are my regular rotation.

MCSSKHK.jpg
I’m a sucker for watches with blue hands. How do you like your Yatch master?

I was a while back, but lost interest when I realized I hardly ever wear watches. I kept a VC Overseas Gen 2 and a Sinn U1, but it's been a while since either has been on my wrist.
VC overseas is impossible to get these days

My latest purchase to celebrate a landmark birthday. Tudor FXD Marine Nationale MN24 (2024). Didn't think 42mm watch would fit but it just worked. The fixed lugs and Nato strap help to balance the aesthetic and wrist presence. And I really like this shade of blue over brighter blue on the OG Pelagos 42. The titanium case is light and you forget you're wearing a watch. My first poverty spec Rolex.

Tudor.jpg

My latest purchase to celebrate a landmark birthday. Tudor FXD Marine Nationale MN24 (2024). Didn't think 42mm watch would fit but it just worked. The fixed lugs and Nato strap help to balance the aesthetic and wrist presence. And I really like this shade of blue over brighter blue on the OG Pelagos 42. The titanium case is light and you forget you're wearing a watch. My first poverty spec Rolex.

View attachment 310137
This is an amazing watch and great way to celebrate a landmark. Elwesr it in good health

Btw, Tudor is not poverty Rolex - it’s its own thing with its own fan base - many prefer this to showy Rolex. Admittedly, I love both😂😂

This is an amazing watch and great way to celebrate a landmark. Elwesr it in good health

Btw, Tudor is not poverty Rolex - it’s its own thing with its own fan base - many prefer this to showy Rolex. Admittedly, I love both😂😂
Thanks. That comment was tongue-in-cheek. This Tudor has that nice tool watch vibe with an unusual countdown bidirectional bezel, unique for a dive watch which performs a specific function for the role for which it was designed. My only criticism is that Tudor used softer Grade 2 Ti and not the harder Grade 5 Ti alloy.

Thanks. That comment was tongue-in-cheek. This Tudor has that nice tool watch vibe with an unusual countdown bidirectional bezel, unique for a dive watch which performs a specific function for the role for which it was designed. My only criticism is that Tudor used softer Grade 2 Ti and not the harder Grade 5 Ti alloy.
It’s still Ti😂😂

It’s still Ti😂😂
Gotta mix it up sometimes. Polished steel can get so monotonous. I owned a Breitling Aerospace Ti and have to say it was the most comfortable watch/bracelet combo I've worn. Couldn't get past the quartz movement though so sold it.

I’ve had it for a year or so and I found with the matte finish I haven’t scratched it despite the grade 2 and I am NOT a carful person.

I actually love the bidirectional, personally I find it more useful for cooking and timing things in general.

Also if you haven’t looked into it, I love the Erica original straps. It’s aces.

I’ve had it for a year or so and I found with the matte finish I haven’t scratched it despite the grade 2 and I am NOT a carful person.

I actually love the bidirectional, personally I find it more useful for cooking and timing things in general.

Also if you haven’t looked into it, I love the Erica original straps. It’s aces.
Yes, I've heard about the Erica's being a great option. Glad to get some feedback from a long term owner. The good thing about Ti based on my experience with the Breitling is that minor scuffs are easily brushed out. This FXD is quite a value proposition compared to other comparable watches.

View attachment 310137

Very noice!

It feels like Tudor have somewhat stolen a march on Rolex in the last 5-10 years. In part because a lot of people are increasingly priced out of ever buying a Rolex. But also - stuff like this and obviously the BB58 and its siblings seem to display a better understanding of the market than Rolex. Where the sum total of innovation atm seems to be adding leopard-print and/or diamonds to existing models, with the occasional ill-thought-out foray into stuff like the 39mm Explorer, or 40mm Air King (which I doubt will last either).

Tudor have properly shed that 'baby Rolex' tag now I think. Particularly in dive watch terms, for me today they're more akin to Seiko or Doxa. Brands that have the history and the build quality, but have remained relevant, and semi-affordable, not tipped over into the luxury watch market.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying: Tudor are about 100x cooler than Rolex (imo). Smart watch. :)

Last edited:
Back