Are 'splash and go's' literally that??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prize78

Reaction score
Hi folks. I have just bought JNS 1000 and JNS 6000 grit stones. I believe they are classed as splash and go stones. Does this mean no soaking whatsoever, as I read some reviews that say they benefit from 20 mins soaking or so??

I think Maksim says those stones will benefit from a very short soak, e.g. 2-3 minutes, in water.

Splash and go stones are all pretty much different, go with the recommendations for the stones you have...unless you feel like experimenting and finding your own sweet spot...even then you should start with the suggested soak.

Cheers

I tried them for the first time tonight and soaked them for around 2 mins for the 1000 grit and about a minute for the 6000 grit. The resulting edge they put on the knife is something else. They were very quick in raising a burr. This was something inward particularly keen on seeing how quick they were as sometimes with my previous King combination stone it could take some five minutes or more for the burr to 'surface' on the first side of sharpening! Top marks once again to Maksim at JNS for a flawless service and even better products.

Back