Bad movies!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that someone would do a Disc World movie.

"The Color of Magic" with Sean Astin (2009) was kinda lousy.

"Hogfather" (2008) is GREAT--one of our favorite Christmastime movies.

"Going Postal" (2010) is out--haven't seen it yet.

There are a couple of animated films that are pretty bad.

If we are talking really bad movies, I just laughed my way through Ed Wood's "Plan 9 from Outer Space" not too long ago. Truly inspiring:groucho:

Ok, this might get me banned, but the absolute, all time worst chain me down, nail my feet to the floor, cut off my eyelids, bolt my head to the wall, mount the tv to my face to make me watch it worst movie ever..... Fargo! Oh my God, that show would suck the stink out of a mountian of crap!

Loading 300 as I type! AND playin' on my new 'puter :D ! Look at me multitask!

Tonight on Turner Classic Movies channel is "The Last Man on Earth". Vincent Price against a plague of vampire zombies.
Should be memorable!

Ok, this might get me banned, but the absolute, all time worst chain me down, nail my feet to the floor, cut off my eyelids, bolt my head to the wall, mount the tv to my face to make me watch it worst movie ever..... Fargo! Oh my God, that show would suck the stink out of a mountian of crap!
Hey -- is that a knock against southerners?!? :eyebrow:

And don't respond with a "you betch'a", either! :lol2:

No sir! No knock whatsoever! Buy Holy crap! That movie blew more than Katrina! (The hurricane :D )

Tonight on Turner Classic Movies channel is "The Last Man on Earth". Vincent Price against a plague of vampire zombies.
Should be memorable!

Great flick, perfect for kicking off a remake film festival:

The Last Man on Earth
The Omega Man
I Am Legend

Yojimbo
A Fistful of Dollars
Last Man Standing

Seven Samurai
The Magnificent Seven
Battle Beyond the Stars

and oh so many more...

300 is the ultimate cheese log!!! Note to the guys at the studio checking for historical accuracy. Xerxes was the king of the most powerful empire in the Western World, NOT a 7 foot tall drum major in a San Francisco gay pride parade.:lol2: Also, the Immortals were not pointy toothed zombies dressed up in Kabuki masks. You also might want to look into that whole "Spartans fighting for freedom" thing too.

Meet the Spartans and Epic Movie. I believe 2% each on rotten tomatoes.

"Tonight on TCM is Dr. Strangelove."

Great movie,one of my favorites. I just saw Fail Safe the other day which is a serious cold war movie that was released after Dr.Strangelove.

Hard to believe that no one's mentioned "Shaun of the Dead."

Noone has mentioned it because this is a "bad movie" thread!:groucho:

Last edited:
Very true Rick, but, being as the pain meds are damn near out of my system, I have the mental reserves to entertain other "bad" options. One that was a let down, now officially a bad movie, was the last Resident Evil movie. I liked the earlier ones as your typical zombie slasher movie, but this last one tried too hard. I think it was Resident Evil - Extinction

Probably the only time that Stanley Kubrick ever beat anyone on a release date. Of course, it helped that he sued director Sidney Lumet, the author of the source book and screenplay and the studio for plagiarism of his source novel, Red Alert in order to delay the release of Fail Safe because he knew the first film out would probably do better.....and he was right. It came out 8 months after Dr. Strangelove and didn't do all that well. :lol2:.
"Tonight on TCM is Dr. Strangelove."

Great movie,one of my favorites. I just saw Fail Safe the other day which is a serious cold war movie that was released after Dr.Strangelove.

Anything with zombies falls under the "bad" category by default. :wink: Shaun of the Dead is a great bad movie.

Has anybody seen "Frankenhooker"? I it saw years ago on a business trip and wanted to subject the spouse to it, but have never seen or heard of it again. Typical boy meets girl, boy runs over girl with lawn mower, boy kills hookers for replacement parts (with upgrades).

(No worries, Rick. "Guys" is pretty gender neutral IMO. And no s/he, please!)

When it is just me and the screen: war movies -- or I buy an TV season of something on DVD like Alias or Arrested Development and watch show after show after show.

k.

Back