Bad movies!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thesevensamurai1954m.jpg
[/IMG]here is two good ones.
fbjgj.jpg
[/IMG]

Wouldn't call these bad, just fun:

If you're going for fun action flicks, "Tank Girl"--a female lead, SF, and Malcolm MacDowell as the villian.
Bruce Willis--The Fifth Element--Great SF with a lot of humor("Die Hard" was drek.)
Agree on the only worthwhile Nicholas Cage movie--"Raising Arizona". One of the funniest intros ever.
Classic Mel Brooks--Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein (woof!).
Bad old Made-for-Tv: Evil Roy Slade. John Astin is just a funny, funny man. You'll love it or hate it.
Airplane/Airplane II/Kentucky Fried Movie--some dated/politically incorrect material, but "Airplane" is still one of the funniest spoofs ever. We were watching recently and only just figured out the soundtrack for the jet was actually a prop plane. And don't call me Shirley. "A Fistful of Yen" (KFM) is a GREAT sendup of "Enter the Dragon".

When it's just me and the TV, I gravitate towards manly epic type movies such as Ben Hur, The Longest Day, The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape, Das Boot, Saving Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, Godfather I and II.

If I have a whole day, I might do a marathon watching session of one of my favorite series like The Sopranos, Band of Brothers, OZ, The Wire or Dexter.

My all-time go-to movie that I can watch anytime/anyplace and especially when sick is the excellent film The Shawshank Redemption.

I agree about the Coen brothers excellence but my fave is O Brother Where Art Thou? I truly believe that George Clooney is an incredible talent as both actor and director, perhaps the best of our generation.

Everybody has their secret shame movies too and mine are mostly really bad comedies like Grandma's Boy, Little Man, White Chicks and the granddaddy classic of them all Hudson Hawk.

With regards to comedians, my favorite by far is Ron "tater salad" White. That guy kills me!

Oh, please. I lived in Miami at the time and watched the show, but it was a huge steaming vat of moldy, putrid Velveeta. Phillip Michael Thomas always looked like he had showered in Mobil 1.:lol2:

I love it. I was only born in the mid 80s so I don't remember much about that time and I think that's why I like it. It's a really cool show and despite the way they dress being a bit silly looking now, it was a proper serious programme and if you just take it for what it is, it has aged pretty well. Maybe part of the reason for my love of it is the fact that the weather here will never come close to that of Miami, and also the big long streets with the car chases were and all that, don't get that here either :(

I love it. I was only born in the mid 80s so I don't remember much about that time and I think that's why I like it. It's a really cool show and despite the way they dress being a bit silly looking now, it was a proper serious programme and if you just take it for what it is, it has aged pretty well. Maybe part of the reason for my love of it is the fact that the weather here will never come close to that of Miami, and also the big long streets with the car chases were and all that, don't get that here either :(
We liked it back then because it was shot in our hometown and shot beautifully like a movie. If nothing else, the show looked great and usually had pretty good music and some fun guest stars.

Wouldn't call these bad, just fun:

If you're going for fun action flicks, "Tank Girl"--a female lead, SF, and Malcolm MacDowell as the villian.
Bruce Willis--The Fifth Element--Great SF with a lot of humor("Die Hard" was drek.)
Agree on the only worthwhile Nicholas Cage movie--"Raising Arizona". One of the funniest intros ever.
Classic Mel Brooks--Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein (woof!).
Bad old Made-for-Tv: Evil Roy Slade. John Astin is just a funny, funny man. You'll love it or hate it.
Airplane/Airplane II/Kentucky Fried Movie--some dated/politically incorrect material, but "Airplane" is still one of the funniest spoofs ever. We were watching recently and only just figured out the soundtrack for the jet was actually a prop plane. And don't call me Shirley. "A Fistful of Yen" (KFM) is a GREAT sendup of "Enter the Dragon".
You are one of the few people that has actually seen Evil Roy Slade. Lol. I saw it in a hotel in London in 1985 and loved it. We couldn't find it on Tv or video for years. How can you go wrong with cheesy TV comedy straining John Astin, Dick Shawn and Milton Bearle? You are right aboutnKentuckynFried Movie. You could not get away with some of the very politically incorrect skits in that film today, even with an NC-17 rating . Lol

Some of my recent favorites are Takers, Cowboys & Aliens and Warrior. Now Takers is a cops and robber thing that is pretty intense. Cowboys & Aliens I wasn't going to see but got the DVD for Christmas and was really surprised how entertaining as well as historically accurate for guns and such of the cowboys. Now I'm not a fan of Mixed Martial Arts films but Warrior has a real story and the MMA is basically just a means to guide one through the movie. Takers is on one of the Premium channels, while the other two are available on DVD or rentals. They are also on Pay for View but much cheaper to rent from a box.

I don't think any "bad" movie list is complete without "Kung Fu Hustle"...which I found to be hilarious.

Adding another Liam movie to the list is "Unknown" another good suspenser is "Vantage Point"

One that I can watch over and over is "The Blues Brothers". Really funny and the best sound track ever recorded.
For adventure, "Tampopo".

Don't forget Eat Drink Man Woman. I sometimes load the DVD and just watch the opening cooking scene. ;-)

You are one of the few people that has actually seen Evil Roy Slade. Lol. I saw it in a hotel in London in 1985 and loved it. We couldn't find it on Tv or video for years. How can you go wrong with cheesy TV comedy straining John Astin, Dick Shawn and Milton Bearle? You are right aboutnKentuckynFried Movie. You could not get away with some of the very politically incorrect skits in that film today, even with an NC-17 rating . Lol

Yeah, ERS was one of the hubby's favorite movies. He scanned the TV guide every week for years until it came on and we got a gritty vhs tape of it. It's on dvd at amazon now.

I grew up in Miami, too--HATED Miami Vice. The worst was seeing "Miami Vice" houses--with the ultra-modern architecture--pop up in older neighborhoods with spanish style homes. If you must watch Don Johnson, check out "A Boy and His Dog"--which is a great bad movie.

Other great "bad" movies:
Batman--the original with Adam West. Confound it, the batteries are dead! Although Lee Meriweather can't compete with Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.
Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail (best of the python movies, IMO)
Army of Darkness. Best of the Evil Dead series. Bruce Campbell at his prime. Although he'll be eyecandy when he's 90.
And to get in touch with your feminine side--George Hamilton in "Zorro"

Zorro the Gay Blade. Haven't laughed at George Hamilton so hard since Love at First Bite. Lauren Hutton didn't hurt the film a bit either. ;-)

Yeah, ERS was one of the hubby's favorite movies. He scanned the TV guide every week for years until it came on and we got a gritty vhs tape of it. It's on dvd at amazon now.

I grew up in Miami, too--HATED Miami Vice. The worst was seeing "Miami Vice" houses--with the ultra-modern architecture--pop up in older neighborhoods with spanish style homes. If you must watch Don Johnson, check out "A Boy and His Dog"--which is a great bad movie.

Other great "bad" movies:
Batman--the original with Adam West. Confound it, the batteries are dead! Although Lee Meriweather can't compete with Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt as Catwoman.
Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail (best of the python movies, IMO)
Army of Darkness. Best of the Evil Dead series. Bruce Campbell at his prime. Although he'll be eyecandy when he's 90.
Here is a horrific Miami flashback from the 80's. Do you remember when that rich Arab bought that huge house in one of the super upscale waterfront neighborhoods and proceded to paint pubic hair on the Statues?

Here is a horrific Miami flashback from the 80's. Do you remember when that rich Arab bought that huge house in one of the super upscale waterfront neighborhoods and proceded to paint pubic hair on the Statues?

No, I got out of there in the early 80s. I DO remember Cristo wrapping the keys with pink plastic to look like water lillies. That was horrific enough.

Quest for the Holy Grail, and any of the Monty Python movies were a hoot! My wife doesn't get it. I also like Mr. Bean shows! Got to be in the mood though. Been reading Calvin and Hobbes comics. Laughed so hard it hurts!

Quest for the Holy Grail, and any of the Monty Python movies were a hoot! My wife doesn't get it. I also like Mr. Bean shows! Got to be in the mood though. Been reading Calvin and Hobbes comics. Laughed so hard it hurts!

Have you read Terry Pratchett? Imagine Tolkien done by Monty Python...

Rowan Atkinson is hysterical. Used to have a manager who looked just like him. Kinda acted like Mr. Bean, too.

I wish that someone would do a Disc World movie.

I really liked Ip Man 1 & 2.
Also if you are into shows, then I'd recommend
Spartacus: "Blood and sand" and "gods of the arena"
Weeds
True Blood

Back