best pizza

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
signal-2024-03-08-15-12-01-779.jpg

Is my opinion valid if I work in a pizza kitchen? We do make everything from scratch including all the sauces and pulled meat.

Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix truly met the hype for us.

A Jet's 8 corner pepperoni with excessive crushed red pepper flakes and leftover pineapple from the fridge with a Kirkland Côtes du Rhône is a close second.
I actually like Detroit corner style with its crispy af crust and gotta be the thick cut pepperoni that curls up and gets burnt edges. 😋

I remember playing ninja turtles arcade game in little Cesar's as a kid and still thought wow this pizza kinda sucks but I still eat it cause I love pizza.
Oh man, tmnt in the arcade!

I honestly donno the last time I had Little Caesar's pizza, but those cheesesticks still hit after a few too many beers.

i had a slice in Naples that blew a cool welcoming breeze up my shorts.

but to be honest, i love pizza, but my experiences have been fairly limited. never had a slice in NYC, for instance..well, i have, but i just walked into a random place.

i drove by Pizza Bianco in PHX to see what the buzz was about, but the line went way around. i was road tripping, so i didnt have the luxury of time to stand in line. my dog would have died in the heat of my car. hahah..

I used to live in Brooklyn - Di Fara is legit, but it was a pain in the ass to get to, and we couldn't get there more than once or twice per year.

After moving back to MN, I'll say that I appreciate the variety of styles available (more so than in the areas of NYC that I frequented).

There are some pretty good spots in my corner of the Twin Cities, including Pizzeria Lola, which was featured in an episode of the Pizza season of Chef's Table. If you're open to non-traditional pizza, there's great stuff to be had - Korean sausage and kimchi? Let's do it.

Lola's owner, Ann Kim, also has a NYC-style pizza place nearby, called Hello Pizza. I'll grab a pie there when I'm missing Brooklyn.

....but I also love a good Detroit style, or a thin and crispy Midwest tavern style, or the occasional Neapolitan, etc, etc. I just love pizza.

Back