Better source of slicers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but it can be ordered in 270, takes 45 days to arrive :D
I thought you weren't willing to wait to order?
That opens up the Sakai Yusuke to be ordered from Blueway Japan, and the Gesshin to be ordered from Jon as well. I wouldn't expect their wait times to be much different. Any of those three would be great knives to own.

I don't know anything about Watanabe outsourcing knives. I wouldn't think it likely for him to have somebody else producing his pro model, just the cheaper ones.

The Suji in question is of the pro model.

Thats correct sir.

But what choice do I have if I dont find something that talks to me?

Yoshihiro is interesting same as Gesshin Ginga but I might want something wee bit better.

Not an two and a half grand worth of knife though, but a Watanabe or Tsourkan seems in my price range.

The Masamoto Sohonten catalog only shows a 240 KS suji (KS3224), and when I was at the Sohonten head office (and shop) in February, they only had the KS3224 on display.

Dear Mike

Thank you very much for your interest and confirmation.

Yes. Below will be the quotation for your request item.

KS-4327 Wa Slicer 270mm $320 (comes with Masamoto wooden saya. You can request for the bolster Color)
+ Shipping fee $7
Total = US$327
Please expect approximate 45 days for the item to be finished and available.

If you will be interested in or will have any questions, please let us know and help.

Thank you very much again for your interest and confirmation.

Not looking no more I guess.

nice! i wonder how thick they are above the heel. i know a guy who has the 240mm suji and its actually 252mm, i bet that ks will run atleast 280mm long.

Cool! Same thing, the catalog only shows a 24 cm slicer (KS4324). It's neat to find out they can make one on order.

I wonder myself how its going to look, whats the weight but I also have belt sander I wont hesitate to use if I have to:bat:

Yeah its great imho the knife is good value, especially if you consider how expensive is ems on the yoshihiro, its just about 60 bucks more expencive for Masamoto from honkasumi line.
And Koki as usuall was very helpful friendly and patient and just overally lovely to cooperate!

Not a suji but I have a Watanabe pro Yanagi 270mm in white steel and its a beautiful knife, takes an amazing edge (the ootb edge was very sharp) f&f is very good and it performs great.

I have a 270mm Heiji on order. Hope to get it in a few weeks.
Somewhat off topic, but... The price for the Suji was almost 70% higher than the 240 guyto. Is that normal?

Dear Mike

Thank you very much for waiting your order with patience.

Yes. Your order of Masamoto item below got finished and available on today. (Masamoto has the item in inventory and the item got available and ready for shipping earlier this time).

Today we will make your shipment by EMS.

Masamoto KS-4327 Wa Slicer 270mm (Marble Color bolster, Masamoto wooden saya)...

...We expect you will receive your parcel within 5 to 7 days.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
I love this guy.

Ive waited for, like a week??

Nor in the catalog! I'm super curious myself -- I'd love to add to my KS family (270 gyuto, 300 yanagi), but I don't want a slicer less than 10 inches.

please post pics! theres no pics on the website of a masamoto suji that length. im super curious!

Affirmative sir.

I definitely will post pics, I might just start new thread so more folks can see it, Ive seen someone complain about 240 suji being OOS @ JCK, back at KF [I check the marketplace there]. I wont review it, but will share pics!

I cannot wait but Kokis EMS is worldwide famous for speed. :bliss:

[Im super curious but also astonished about the price and delivery. Think of it. To post it to Norway/Europe, this Masamoto from honkasumi line is cheaper than Gesshin or Yoshihiro from ebay, plus duty free ;)]

I'm curious to see this, as the person said their masamoto ks suji 240 was 255. Funny, my friend ordered a 270 masamoto ks and it came in at 255, maybe there is only a 255? I have no idea if they shipped him the '240' now, or if they only make an inbetween. Update when you get yours please, either way, it is a very nice slicer. Oh and Koki is great, Japan to Canada in 2-3 days, my packages from US usually sit in customs that long.

KS series run long. I've had 240mm KS Suji and it ran around 250mm. KS 270mm Gyuto ran just over 280mm. I expect the 270mm suji to be longer as well.

Although I only kept my KS suji for a short while, it was a great knife. Very thin, very light and very well finished.

BTW Salty has a 270mm Masamoto Honyaki Slicer. This will help you with the wait ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ5BffjMOGM

I was going to ramble, but meh.

Long and short of it: Koki rocks!

Koki = unbeatable shipping. If everyone shipped as promptly and as cheaply as Koki does... for all types of items... I would never leave my home to shop again.

Even jeans/clothes at $7 worldwide for 5 pieces plus 3 days delivery? I'm there. Coffee beans at $7 for 5kg worldwide in 3 days? I'm there... shoes? bags? camera lenses? could go on and on...

Latest posts

Back