D. Martell Boardwax / Handlewax Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Applied this to a board and some wooden utensils today, great texture on this formulation.
I think you've got the proportions figured out Dave. :thumbsup:
Not only is this a better product than my attempt, but the Mrs thanks you for sparing the mess in our kitchen this time :)

My Mrs doesn't care for the mess either. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

Whups! Got mine - Thanks Dave. Sorry I forgot. Now I have to read up how to use it... *sigh*

"To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better."

Thank you Gene!

Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives. :D

Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives. :D

My wife asked me for some of this stuff scented so I made her a jar with peppermint oil added. She loves the stuff when her hands get chapped, she puts this stuff on, slips her hands into some fancy white cotton gloves, and hits the sack. Such decadence!

I making up a big batch this weekend so I'll have extras for sale. Will ship next Mon 27th or Tues 28th

I'm offering them here only (not available in our store).

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix
This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks here in PA) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

P1010135resized2_zpsb21502ee.jpg

Uses
Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles. This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

Comes packaged in a "wide mouth" glass canning jar.

Sizes & Costs
There are two sizes available, 8oz & 16oz

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

Limited quantity available!

Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

It's more like 3/4 mineral oil to 1/4 wax

It's more like 3/4 mineral oil to 1/4 wax

OK thanks, with shipping being so prohibitive to canada I will likely continue to make some on my own, altho buying it from you would likely be a lot easier :)

what would be the shipping price (ballpark) for the larger jar to canada? Thanks

I oversold (the 8oz'ers) and need to make more (ran out of oil). I'll get the oil tomorrow and make them up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay here guys.

All others (16oz'ers) are shipping out tomorrow morning.

what did the shipping end up being for the 16 oz jars to canada? would like to know so I can get in next round depending on cost :) Cheers

Are you planning to make another batch of board wax any time soon Dave?

Great timing! :cool2:

My own cutting board is looking way too dry and I can't find my old jar of boardwax so I'm going to be making some new stuff up any day now. I'll make some extras and post them for sale here. Thanks for bringing this up.

You know, this stuff is pretty good for other purposes too. I'm just sayin' :excited:

I'm only going to able to offer the smaller 8oz size this time around. I have boxes of these jars on hand and no large ones at all and who knows who sells them around here so unfortunately that's the option for now, sorry. I'm going to get cooking on them either tonight or tomorrow.

To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.
*Note - USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

8oz - $9.00

Thanks!
Dave

Dave - could you save one jar for me? I would 'pick' it up once the knife will be finished (the one that will be shipped your way tomorrow).

Great timing! :cool2:

My own cutting board is looking way too dry and I can't find my old jar of boardwax so I'm going to be making some new stuff up any day now. I'll make some extras and post them for sale here. Thanks for bringing this up.

No problem Dave.

Latest posts

Back