Breaking news!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around what price will it be?
Your usual handle-shape?
What kinds of woods are you thinking of?
Which steels did you think of using? And hardness on it
Laser?

And whatever questions you might think of, that people would like answered. I just want to collect it in one post. Cause this is real interesting.

- A hair under $300
- Same handle shape, a little more tapering to the front
-Similar to my customs. ALL Burl Source woods, hand selected. I will mix up the bolsters and pins a little...
-Steel is CPM 154 for now at HRC 60.5 to 61
-Laser? Not really. Thin but not anorexic :D

Right now, there is a 40mm flat at the heel.
Bolster and pins... mostly stainless, but will toss in some copper, G10, maybe brass, or another wood. Whatever I decide to compliment the wood for that knife.
There will be NO CUSTOM option on these.
They will be sharp OOTB, but not taken to stones.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Honestly at this moment, I'm not 100% sure. I beleive Mark will handle the sales, and this might be better for the US customer base. You won't have to deal with shipping and customs. I don't know for sure if I will be shipping to Canadian customers via Mark?? We will see as we get closer.

Ages ago I bought a knife from CKTG that was out getting tuned up at the hands of someone else. I paid him directly (although they said I could have sent the payment to CKTG as well) and he shipped directly to me. I would think you would be able to work something out, especially for your Canadian customers. Just makes more sense then shipping that poor knife back and forth across the border.

Yeah direct would be the best and not because of the custom fees but the amount of time that the items sit in wharehouses. It can take quite a while to see anything move through sometimes.

To be honest, I agree, but I recently purchased a couple of knves from there and they shipped literally the next day. However, straight from the source makes the most sense.

Can I say I live in Canada as to not buy one from CKTG???

And if we sent you wood for one (from Burl Source) would you use it? Or does that fall under the no customs rule?

- A hair under $300
- Same handle shape, a little more tapering to the front
-Similar to my customs. ALL Burl Source woods, hand selected. I will mix up the bolsters and pins a little...
-Steel is CPM 154 for now at HRC 60.5 to 61
-Laser? Not really. Thin but not anorexic :D

Right now, there is a 40mm flat at the heel.
Bolster and pins... mostly stainless, but will toss in some copper, G10, maybe brass, or another wood. Whatever I decide to compliment the wood for that knife.
There will be NO CUSTOM option on these.
They will be sharp OOTB, but not taken to stones.

Anything else, feel free to ask.

Sounds like a complete winner with that profile. Will you be offering western handles only, or will there be a wa option on some?

There are going to be westerns and wa handles I beleive at the same price point...

Another Canadian Customer, I would find a way out to you to pick it up myself... lol

It's not a bad drive, actually. Especially if you don't decide on popping into Edmonton for a tour through the mall.

I took the greyhound through Alberta on my way here from Toronto. Very nice Drive. I'm not a big fan of WEM. Get so lost. lol

Pierre, I am also interested in a buy within Canada option for your Professional Series knives. Sign me up!!!

I think you are hitting the market at a good time. I cannot wait to see what you are able to offer.

Just what I need...another knife to add to the wish list.:biggrin:

Back