BST Buyer/ Seller Feedback Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had purchases earlier but would also like to add

@Gshep91
@Seemore
@Barmoley

All have let me test drive knives before, I can vouch for them as trustworthy, pleasant, and helpful gentlemen. Greg even gifted me a lovely Merion as wedding present! They are a prime example of the kindness and generosity in this community that makes it such a great place.

I have been very lucky on the forums. I have done dozens of deals both buying and selling and have had a perfect outcome every time. There would be too many to name, especially without missing some but there are some stand up people on this forum!!!

I have been very lucky on the forums. I have done dozens of deals both buying and selling and have had a perfect outcome every time. There would be too many to name, especially without missing some but there are some stand up people on this forum!!!
I'd like to report this guy @Matt Jacobs. Good taste, prices, and packaging. I get mad when I miss one of his posts because it's usually a screaming deal and then he packages it really well to boot.

I've only gotten a few, one mentioned above. @veronajack has always been kind and a pleasure to do deals with. @dehory has been indulging my questions and peppering him for knives. @birdsfan makes great handles and is full of information (and his BST posts are crazy deals with his handles on them). @fortheloveofmoar is an enabler and was great to work with when there was a problem, and @Hauscarl for being cool when changing my mind about a trade. I apparently have a bad problem with that. @Rotivator was very easy to work with on a swap.

In my short time here, there's already been a ton of great people. I've been impressed with this community.

I have only had two purchasing experiences, already mentioned in other threads. It was a pleasure to interact with both sellers (@crocca86 @MJ86) who were very responsive and who answered all my questions, with photos and/or videos to support their answers. The shipping of the packages went smoothly and the quality of the packaging could have made some "pro" sellers pale in comparison.

Thought it could be helpful to categorise the positive dealings I’ve had over the past year or so:

Purchases:
@Dan E
@Bico Doce
@enrico
Ed (obviously)
@dehory
@ashy2classy
@IsoJ
@Ocicat
@Chefc
@Kwang28
@Romain
@Whit3Nitro
@Homechef
@mth711
@childermass

Sales:
@More_Gyutos
@brule lentement
@ryans_knives
@jjsoviet
@fortheloveofmoar
@odinson2099
@Droahrig3
@pitted_soul
@longsock
@SweetPeaAutopsy
@Seqmt
@e30Birdy

Trades:
@Genghis_F
@DF18
@Byphy

Other:
@jedy617 very kindly let me ship a knife I had been hunting for a while to him (the seller didn’t want to send outside the US), before forwarding on to me in the UK.
@cotedupy has put up with me in the Blenheim workshop to learn geometry stuff and practice on the sharpening class beater knives. Very generous with his time and knowledge.

Sorry it’s long, my self-restraint on gear acquisition syndrome is (slightly) better nowadays.
gear acquisition syndrome

GAS?
😬

gear acquisition syndrome

GAS?
😬
It’s true, I’ve had some bad GAS in the past…

This terminology is kindly brought to you by the photography community. 😱

I have also had great buying experiences with all of the following:

@Dan E
@Tler
@Knot Handcrafted
@Bobo530
@tostadas
@Chang

All were a pleasure to deal with!

The only potential negative experience I have had was with a seller who kept changing his story (in various postings between BST and other threads) on how many times the knife was used. While I would have been happy to purchase the knife used, there is an old saying, "Buy the seller", and I was just not comfortable with this particular one.

I've had far too many purchases and sales to list all the good members. I've even sold items to very new members without any problems. Apart from one bad apple that I'm still debating whether to report or delusionally wait for him to get back to me and refund my payment, this forum's members are extremely trustworthy. I've even used Paypal f&f quite a few times, but I often still prefer using Paypal g&s because I don't trust the shipping services.

More of feedback for potential buyers: if you message a seller that you're interested in buying a knife and the seller responds (either answering your question or saying it's still available etc.) please respond back to the seller with a decision, that you need more time to think it over, or maybe more questions you have etc. I've gotten excited about making a sale because it means more money in my pocket to buy more knives only to be ghosted and left wondering. Was it something I said? Was I not good enough for her?
edit: I forgot to mention I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of ghosting sellers as well.

Last edited:
I like shooting medium and large format, and then making optical prints from the negatives. Great hobby if you hate money
Boy howdy. I haven’t played around with large format since college. Even 20 years ago 8x10 film sheets were like $10 a pop. I can’t imagine what they cost now.

I purchased a nice nakiri from @rgar4022. Rick did a super job packing and shipping the same day payment was received.

Adding a newer member @Thetalai to the list!

Good buyer, nice guy - would recommend

I need to throw a shout out to @eliasborota we had a knife go missing for a while before finally showing up to him. He was incredibly patient and went out of his way to help find the knife. I was willing to refund at any point on a very expensive purchase but he just hung in there. We chat all the time about makers since this experience so my one interaction with him just keeps getting better.

Back