BST Buyer/ Seller Feedback Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Millertime good seller, good prices, fast shipping, reinstalled a crooked handle before shipping.

@ashy2classy great prices, fast shipping, communicative, lots of pictures and came exactly as advertised.

@nakiriknaifuwaifu my first BNIB purchase, which I'm inherently skeptical of because I lack the self control to NOT immediately open and cut stuff. Came in new condition as advertised, pleasant fellow to interact with all around.

@blokey the man. Has a great selection and knowledge, sharpened a knife before I bought it back when I didn't have the stones, and has let me test drive an expensive knife before I pulled the trigger on a custom from the same maker. I have the highest level of faith.

I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting but I've never had a bad BST experience, except for a random sketchy account with no history responding to my exact WTB post, saying they don't check DMs and to email them to follow up. I reported immediately but was still a scam attempt to be noted.

Come At Me Kevin Hart GIF

Great dealings with all of the following:
@tostadas
@thebradleycrew
@Brian Weekley
@musicman980
@Chang
@DanielC
@Millertime
@ethompson
@refcast
@DF18
@MSicardCutlery
@enrico
@Gregmega
@ashy2classy
@birdsfan
@Bico Doce
@ptolemy
@Unique98
@YG420
@ian
@Greenbriel
@LewRob80
@Hauscarl
@labor of love
@PappaG
@deltaplex
@SolidSnake03
@Tethien

And I'm sure a few others I didnt list

I only had one bad experience, ever...

However, a kind, talented, and supremely passionate smith took time to listen to my story and then offered to take on a restoration project--literally on the other side of the world--to make his special blade right again.

Thank you again Mert @chefcomesback , the mythical blade Thylacine has its forever home!

Last edited:
Great dealings with the following:
@tostadas
@thebradleycrew
@Brian Weekley
@musicman980
@Chang
@DanielC
@Millertime
@ethompson
@refcast
@DF18
@MSicardCutlery
@enrico
@Gregmega
@ashy2classy
@birdsfan
@Bico Doce
@ptolemy
@Greenbriel
@LewRob80
@Hauscarl
@labor of love
@PappaG
@deltaplex
@SolidSnake03

And I'm sure a few others I didnt list

I only had one bad experience, ever...

However, a kind, talented, and supremely passionate smith took time to listen to my story and then offered to take on a restoration project--literally on the other side of the world--to make his special blade right again.

Thank you again Mert @chefcomesback , the mythical blade Thylacine has its forever home!
how long did it take you to compile this list...

Haven't had a real bad dealings yet. Too much work to make a list right now for me but might do a shoutout here in the future when buying and selling stuff.

A clever programmer could really easily turn this thread into a "credibility system"
(not that KKF is responsible to judge that but it could be a nice feature):
Say "Peterxyz" is mentioned in this thread by a member with actual posts of 3000 and so Peterxyz gets 3000 cred. points. He is mentioned again later by another member with 300 posts making his total points 3300 etc.
Visible only for logged in members or maybe even supporting members.

A clever programmer could really easily turn this thread into a "credibility system"
Say "Peterxyz" is mentioned in this thread by a member with actual posts of 3000 and so Peterxyz gets 3000 cred. points. He is mentioned again later by another member with 300 posts making his total points 3300 etc.
I don't post anything so I got zero street cred here but I've purchased 50+ knives since August 2023 and haven't had a negative experience. The worst thing that has happened to me is someone sold something to someone else because I took too long to send the $$$ - (was driving home from work in Friday commute traffic). I figured, well, I just saved $100 to spend on a knife instead.

I don't post anything so I got zero street cred here but I've purchased 50+ knives since August 2023 and haven't had a negative experience.
I get you and fair point. Not making claims that my "idea" is a perfect solution.
(one also would have to note that some members might rather not be mentioned at all which is a viable point nowadays but then you can always kindly ask to remove a name from your post)
Of course any member should be open to making business with new members also;
otherwise nobody "gets in the circle" in the first place, right?
My first transaction was also with a long-term and well-known member, so thank you!

My transactions have been nothing but positive also:
@PeterL, @cjmeik, @Helicon, @Khaz_Modan, @Jovidah, @riverblue

I’ve had positive transactions with

@parbaked
@captaincaed
@M1k3
@Homechef
@PappaG
@LostHighway
@Nagakin

and others.

The more I think about it, I don’t think there’s been a single “negative” transaction. Sometimes a knife or stone takes a little longer, but never experienced shenanigans thankfully.

Saw this little gem on Reddit, decided to "adopt" it at work.

"Anything is possible for those that don't have to do it"

hehe

Only negative things have come from my own WTB posts where 2 scammers have tried to offer knives that are clearly photoshopped onto a cutting board with a timestamp - and they insisted conversation proceed in email or that I promptly provide them my shipping address.

I’ve only had positive interactions from WTS posts including people such as:

@PPIIBBSS
@More_Gyutos
@jjreilly1
@Millertime
~though I’m sure I’m missing more

And I haven’t had an issue with any payment from buyers in my own posts.

Pretty much every knife I've sold has been on KKF and been positive. Hard to go through and find the 30 or so names at this point. I only had one person I chose not to deal with, only because we couldn't agree on payment method (they didn't want PayPal and proposed method didn't really work well for cross border).

I would also say that the majority of them have been lurkers (low post count users). We have a lot of people who watch and don't participate that much, and I've always had excellent interactions with all of them.

Also thanks to the mods keeping the obvious scammers at bay. I realize there's a raft of 100% ******** I never have to see or think about because they've got good tools in place. @daveb is the one I hear talk about it most and best, so particular thanks.

Despite some ham-fisted word smithing recently, I really do appreciate the overall efforts to keep the marketplace clean.

Also whoever said "set up a trustworthiness algorithm?" **** that. Keep this place human.

Plus you have no clue how hard that is to make and maintain.

Last edited:
Thought it could be helpful to categorise the positive dealings I’ve had over the past year or so:

Purchases:
@Dan E
@Bico Doce
@enrico
Ed (obviously)
@dehory
@ashy2classy
@IsoJ
@Ocicat
@Chefc
@Kwang28
@Romain
@Whit3Nitro
@Homechef
@mth711
@childermass

Sales:

@More_Gyutos
@brule lentement
@ryans_knives
@jjsoviet
@fortheloveofmoar
@odinson2099
@Droahrig3
@pitted_soul
@longsock
@SweetPeaAutopsy
@Seqmt
@e30Birdy

Trades:
@Genghis_F
@DF18
@Byphy

Other:
@jedy617 very kindly let me ship a knife I had been hunting for a while to him (the seller didn’t want to send outside the US), before forwarding on to me in the UK.
@cotedupy has put up with me in the Blenheim workshop to learn geometry stuff and practice on the sharpening class beater knives. Very generous with his time and knowledge.

Sorry it’s long, my self-restraint on gear acquisition syndrome is (slightly) better nowadays.

Also only have positive things to report on items actually sold or bought.
But the way to that can be absolutely annoying. Worst are the inquiries and then you follow up and they ghost you. It's no hard feelings to say, sorry no longer interested. Especially if you first act totally determined to buy it, you suck

Pretty much every knife I've sold has been on KKF and been positive. Hard to go through and find the 30 or so names at this point. I only had one person I chose not to deal with, only because we couldn't agree on payment method (they didn't want PayPal and proposed method didn't really work well for cross border).

I would also say that the majority of them have been lurkers (low post count users). We have a lot of people who watch and don't participate that much, and I've always had excellent interactions with all of them.

It's Monday and I don't feel like working, so I put together a bit of a list. This is based on interactions from Dec 2021 onwards, and I either bought, sold or had a positive interaction with the member and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them. I've likely missed people in here, so I apologize for that as I hadn't realized how many DMs I've had.

@MSicardCutlery
@DoYoon Kim
@jamesfluo
@tostadas
@SwampDonkey
@Zzz911
@Kippington
@mrmoves92
@JayS20
@enrico
@Jbpruner
@Prajwal