Carter IP Gyuto 2k

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that photo Dave, that's the first time I've seen those. Aside from the dammy being super rare, I also haven't seen him make that style of boster again. At today's prices, even a conservative estimate would put the total well into the 5-figure range. Somewhere around a nice car or an ebay bidding war Kramer... or maybe some fancy rocks embedded in some soft, rare metal that people like to use to decorate their fingers..
No matter how crazy the price on something may seem at first, there's always something that's sooo much more ludicrous that it will make it seem also most like a bargain.

@ OP, what's up with that profile?

This is a reply from a Carter Cutlery employee when asked about what makes it so unique (expensive?)

"The shape is unlike any International Pro Gyuto Murray has made in the past. I'm not exactly sure what inspired Murray to forge this profile. It was purchased very quickly."

Reminds me of one of these

g29.jpg

Had, not has. Another forum member is the happy (I hope) owner.

Got that carter from Rick and Im very happy with the knife. Only used it a handfull of times so far but it cuts really well and its a fairly hefty knife for how thin the edge is. Has nice weight to it. Surpassed my expectations, better than HG gyuto i had in the past. Thanks again Rick

-Mark

Got that carter from Rick and Im very happy with the knife. Only used it a handfull of times so far but it cuts really well and its a fairly hefty knife for how thin the edge is. Has nice weight to it. Surpassed my expectations, better than HG gyuto i had in the past. Thanks again Rick

-Mark

You're welcome, Mark. Enjoy it!

Rick

@ OP, what's up with that profile?

It's pretty tall at the heel and the spine drops toward the tip before a half mark. Edge profile is similar to Carter's gyutos. Visualize moving the edge line up by 10mm (that bring the tip up as well) and you arrive at a typical Carter gyuto profile. The curve at the tip looks a little steeper but it is in part because of the blade height.

Back