Chefdepot.com

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CEC is a certification you can get through the ACF. They have everything from Culinarian to Master in hot food and pastry. So CEC means he took a written and practical exam from the American Culinary Federation. The only reason I know this is because my culinary school I attended was ACF accredited.

Almost Right. It means he paid a sh!t ton of money to take a test and practical exam to get his certification. I know the CMC is ridiculous $3800 for the exam fee and between $4000-$6000 for 8 day practical exam, equipment, dormitory room and board, food, travel expenses and supplies and that's whether you make it or not. One of the reasons so many amazing chefs don't go that route, It's not that they can't hack it, they can't afford it.

After having posted hundreds of videos over the last five years I've had many a dude call me out. Sorry, it's a pride thing, especially with chefs. We're a touchy bunch.

My response is always..............Bring it.

Very true. So many people like to criticize or point out how much better/faster/whatever they are. My response is, "Ok, film it and show me please so I can learn from you then."

How many do you think ever took me up on the offer???.........

This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. It's amazing how bad "the Chef" is. I'm subscribed to his channel just because it's like our youtube knuckle-heads thread, but staring just 1 knuckle.
I have to agree that my favorite quote is "perfect balance, even in the box."

I wonder if he realizes that his only fame is for comedic terribleness?

86302ebf453765d2ce2a61c008738c84.png

One of his beautiful garnishes

Very true. So many people like to criticize or point out how much better/faster/whatever they are. My response is, "Ok, film it and show me please so I can learn from you then."

How many do you think ever took me up on the offer???.........

The same number that have taken my offer.

Almost Right. It means he paid a sh!t ton of money to take a test and practical exam to get his certification. I know the CMC is ridiculous $3800 for the exam fee and between $4000-$6000 for 8 day practical exam, equipment, dormitory room and board, food, travel expenses and supplies and that's whether you make it or not. One of the reasons so many amazing chefs don't go that route, It's not that they can't hack it, they can't afford it.

I think there are more than 1 "Master Chef " programs available. The one Son is talking about(I think) is offered through the CIA. I've even heard of people being referred to as "Master Chefs" before this program existed. Michael Ruhlman wrote a book called The Soul of A Chef that chronicles some chef's journies through the exam. One of which is Brian Polcyn whom Ruhlman co-authored the Charcuterie book with many years later. I think Polcyn took the exam 3+ times and never passed. It's a great book, it's got a good T.Keller section too. If anybody wants to borrow it, PM me your address.
Anyhow, with how unbelievably tough the CIA exam is, I seriuosly doubt that Chef Douchivanni took that one. Him even being an ACF accredited dishwasher seems highly unlikely to me. Just another loser with a computer.

After having posted hundreds of videos over the last five years I've had many a dude call me out. Sorry, it's a pride thing, especially with chefs. We're a touchy bunch.

My response is always..............Bring it.

Yeah, crazy times came... Level of your craftsmanship is decided by the amount of videos youve posted.

Let me tell you. If I would have to choose between playing with my baby-girl, woodworking [as right about now f.e.], doing my regular job [which includes nice gigs[Nobel] and providing catering for all those Ozzy Osbournes and SnoopDoggs and you name it], and shot a dumb-ass videos of a tomato slicing, think twice if I would think twice.

Now, can my knife slice tomato that way? Do I really have to use some time proving it? I really prefer to read My Gastronomy over it. Damn, I would propably just prefer reading Ducasse in French over it

From time to time I post some photos, only food though. Whether you like the photos or not, you have the right to tell what your opinion is. So talk about the presentation you see on the photo, not the one I developed after six months. You feel me?
If you ask me, I can find 10 things on each of my platings I dont like, Im pissed about. I look for it, and Im not here or in kitchen to blow a smoke up anybodys arse.

And you know, where I come from we also have one saying, "be critical cause even the biggest things are built with details" :)

Captain Testicles here would totally make a video showing better technique, but he's too busy cooking for Snoop Dogg. Classic. :lolsign:

I think there are more than 1 "Master Chef " programs available. The one Son is talking about(I think) is offered through the CIA. I've even heard of people being referred to as "Master Chefs" before this program existed. Michael Ruhlman wrote a book called The Soul of A Chef that chronicles some chef's journies through the exam. One of which is Brian Polcyn whom Ruhlman co-authored the Charcuterie book with many years later. I think Polcyn took the exam 3+ times and never passed. It's a great book, it's got a good T.Keller section too. If anybody wants to borrow it, PM me your address.
Anyhow, with how unbelievably tough the CIA exam is, I seriuosly doubt that Chef Douchivanni took that one. Him even being an ACF accredited dishwasher seems highly unlikely to me. Just another loser with a computer.

Love that book. You also didn't mention Micheal Symon who he was following for a week. Still makes me want his perogies. That exam is for a black hat if you pass, I don't think it was for what he was spouting. You have to have a sponsor and pedigree to take that. I don't think certified exec chef would be this one. But I can be wrong. Just looking at his pic above def. not that much attention to his cuts, which would have been very much thrown out. Can't remember who but one guy got penalised for having his green onions not cut exact.

Captain Testicles here would totally make a video showing better technique, but he's too busy cooking for Snoop Dogg. Classic. :lolsign:

While I think you are drunk again Mr Lahey, I have to agree about Capt. Testicles...while I think somethings get lost in translation, being a *********(per the Urban Dictionary) is not one of them.

I'm just gonna place this right here.....

[video=youtube;I8uhAHXN8sE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8uhAHXN8sE&feature=plcp[/video]

There ya go.

Damit 5 and a half min. of my life down the sushi toilet.

Hahahahah. That was bad. Please don't serve sushi rolled like that.

That sushi video just made me spit beer out of my nose from laughter.

I'm feeling a little left out. Never really heard of the guy and he hasn't trolled my channel.

I'm trying to place the accent?

I'm feeling a little left out. Never really heard of the guy and he hasn't trolled my channel.

I checked his site and his area code is 630 which is in Illinois.

Downers Grove, IL 60515

and another listing at
2010 Western Ave
Seattle, Washington 98121-2109

All you gotta do Scott is talk to him about J knives. Maybe mention that Kasumi knives aren't the best in the world omg so sharp ootb!!! That's all I did.

It's Chicago. That's where he's from anyway. I knew I recognized it. Mario, what do you think?

Tomato and sushi... brilliant.

Sushi without fish? Really? (i know its not necessary but you figure a how to make sushi video would at least reference it) At 25 yrs old without a scrap of culinary knowledge, I would swear on my life I could make something closer to resembling sushi then that "25 year head chef... EHC.... Yadda Yadda Yadda" whatever title, letter designators he wants before and after his name. Hell if I knew the brand of sushi rice I could find in my local shoprite (medium quality general grocery store for you non-north east guys) was "super premium high quality" I never would have went to the Asian grocery store. Honestly before watching this I thought you guys were piling on some poor smuck that was simply under informed. But this guys just preying on stupid people for money. Seriously his veggie cuts were a quarter inch thick, even supermarket sushi is better then that!

Wow... I'm no chef or cook of any stretch of the imagination. The sushi aside, his hand placement (his hands are all you see) gives him away. How he holds the product, how he holds the knife, the hesitation in his slices, pretty obvious he isn't as proficient as he says he is.

Downers Grove, IL 60515

and another listing at
2010 Western Ave
Seattle, Washington 98121-2109

All you gotta do Scott is talk to him about J knives. Maybe mention that Kasumi knives aren't the best in the world omg so sharp ootb!!! That's all I did.

is he the guy who tossed the tomatoes at a Kasumi brand knife?

is he the guy who tossed the tomatoes at a Kasumi brand knife?

If it's Kasumi, he's the guy
He's got scars on his privates for loving those knives as much as he does

And yes, he throws stuff at his loved ones

I just happened to come across this video of Pepin doing an omelette and here is the second comment down:

"Omlette looks edible. Never put metal utensil into a non stick pan. Words of a Master Chef."
-chefgiovanni

LOLOLOL!! And I do no t use lol lightly!

Back