Chefwear alternative

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wore cheap suit slacks, nothing breaths better or looks more professional. Durability depends on brand. I converted many cooks to the suit pants and they won't go back. I wear levis now that I'm not on the line but if I have to throw down it's too hot down there.

noms - how durable are they? my problem is every pants ive tried tears at the seams from so much bending/continued stress.
Great durability for stretching and bending. Basically what they are designed for. Good ventilation and comfort as well. I grabbed them at a Nike outlet store. The pair I have are "Nike Dri-fit true preformance"
These are the closest I can find on the Nike site
https://www.nike.com/t/tw-flex-mens-golf-pants-RRT9jj7Z

that's really expensive. i normally get mine off the rack for $25 lol. but you sold me @ dri-fit so ill give them a try. how is the fit? i got thick legs so always gotta get larger waist than necessary in order for the leg part to not be tight.

that's really expensive. i normally get mine off the rack for $25 lol. but you sold me @ dri-fit so ill give them a try. how is the fit? i got thick legs so always gotta get larger waist than necessary in order for the leg part to not be tight.
Well I might look around of you've got a Nike outlet store near you. I think I got mine for about 30 bucks. They seem to fit true to size in length and waist. An athletic fit for sure, so you might have to go up a size

Use Duluth for yard work & landscaping. A lot of bending, kneeling, hoes, pickaxe, Eco 2 stroke gas trimmer. Honda mower.

what i have been wearing: chef works professional series , but taken to my tailor to get the elastic bands removed (dont like constant pressure, much prefer using a worn in leather belt) and hemmed to my length because they come long as hell

what i just recently got based on recommendation here (thanks noms!): nike golf tour performance dri-fit woven pants. exact style is 639782 theyre pretty expensive but i found one pair on ebay for $40 shipped and could not be more thrilled!!! super thin material, hella flexible and breathable. most comfortable pants i've ever worn. i cant wait to get a bunch more of these.

Last edited:
i was so impressed with the nike golf pants that i wanted to try the top of the line ones (tiger woods adaptive fit) and yes they are the rolls royce of alternative chef pants. too bad this line is discontinued though, i would like to get more of these.

I've been wearing Carhartt in the kitchen for a few years now. I'm strange

Back