D. Martell Copper Damascus? Carter?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda gives it a circuit board effect.

Perhaps this would also look good on a Hattori damascus clad, with the black handles as contrast ?

Got the knife late last night....looks awesome.....it looks a lot different in person....the pics don't look as good as the knife in your hand.....as far as ho it'll look after use that will tell in time.....the handle looks awesome as well....Dave must have buffed it...man does it shine!....murray really needs to start buffing his handles....Ryan

Got the knife late last night....looks awesome.....it looks a lot different in person....the pics don't look as good as the knife in your hand.....as far as ho it'll look after use that will tell in time.....the handle looks awesome as well....Dave must have buffed it...man does it shine!....murray really needs to start buffing his handles....Ryan

Glad you got it Ryan. You'll have to give me an update on how it wears over time.

So Dave the knife is on it's way! Its going to be a Mr.Itou Gyuto 180mm "Abalone Handle" for copperization!!!

Gyuto180mmAbalone2.jpg

Prepare to ooooooh and ahhhhhhh

Whatever happened here... Pics?

Sure...what the hell. I'll send you a surprise box! :spiteful:

You'll recognize it; you did the rehandle. It's the most reactive thing I've ever seen. Never patinas, just rusts. Hoping coppering will alleviate that a bit.

I'll throw in some of the other stuff we discussed as well for your consideration. That oughtta make your elbow hurt even worse! :tease:

Sure...what the hell. I'll send you a surprise box! :spiteful:

You'll recognize it; you did the rehandle. It's the most reactive thing I've ever seen. Never patinas, just rusts. Hoping coppering will alleviate that a bit.

I'll throw in some of the other stuff we discussed as well for your consideration. That oughtta make your elbow hurt even worse! :tease:

Cool - thanks Dave :)

The Itou didn't take to the copper - it was a big let down.

There is another option for adding copper, electro plating with low voltage and copper sulfate solution. Then carefully polish the copper off the high points of the pattern. Just dipping carbon steel into the copper sulfate solution will plate copper, but stainless steels and those with high nickel content won't plate without electrical current. Copper disolved in acid etchant acts much like copper sulfate solution but the copper sulfate won't further etch your blade or damage the handle materials.

Copper is also anti-microbial.

love to see some other pictures of those knives that took the copper. Any pics anywhere?

Back