Customfan's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, stop already:)

Okay, don't really, keep'em comming.

Actually been using this one a lot lately... :wink:

Pierre Rodrigue

Custom 240mm Hybrid Chef
Hand rubbed CPM154
HRC 62
Copper/brass Mokume bolster
Full Tang
Stainless and Mosaic pins
Stabilized and dyed maple burl
Full grain Saya sheath with snap

2.67mm Spine at heel
1mm behind the edge at heel

Love the profile and its a cool knife to use because its got some height to it.. :thumbsup:
Balanced at the heel and very nicely finished
Good grind and thin behind the edge as well
Rounded Spine and tappered

Got a couple in the works getting new pants! Very cool pants mind you... I might even sprint for a new jacket! Don't know yet...

Im kind of psyched to see what turns up.... :zipper:

Keep posted!

I thought I might post some photos of some goodies from Japan as soon as I have a chance as well...

:zombiegrave:

Thought I might post some photos of goodies (Candies, knives, tools, etc.) from Japan!

:zombiegrave:

yum! the green tea kit kats and orange ones rock!

I can tell right away that you know your stuff Igasho! Have you tried them?

absolutely i have, i love em, we have a local sweet shop that specializes in international goodies

Yes...yes and yes! I had a whole kit set up for this one... I had all kinds of interesting things to try and show. You will not believe haw bad these flu bugs hit us this year! We are still not out of it!

:spin chair:

I hope to have some photos to share soon! V.[SUB][/SUB]

Beautiful Harners! You just cemented it in my head: it turns out I do need a nakiri by Butch.

Good you like them!

Butchs knives are the quintessential: Here I come, get out of my way, Im serious about this protein/vegetable kind of knife... They are a lean-mean slicing machines... They just do their job every time...

Ive had a really good experience with his CPM154 knives. Little maintenance good retention and good edge attainment.

His profiles are spot on, I wouldn't change a thing. Ummm... Really. Cant think of an aspect of his profile that needs tweaking. I specially like those corners and the curve on the nakiri. Its right where it has to be (you know what I mean). They are on the beefier side of the spectrum.

And his handles are very well executed to boot (for larger hands though). I like them so much, I am thinking of getting one of his gyutos or/and petty one of these days. :viking:

Funny you mention the handle size. The first time I saw Scott's nakiri (you'll never live it down), I thought, "this handle is a beast". Then I grabbed the knife and went, "No, this is right...more than right...damn this handle is perfect"! I now request large handles on my knives (thanks Butch).

I agree!

Its kind of counter intuitive.... or maybe we are just accustomed to Japanese knives (and a matter of personal preference)

Same thing happened to me.

Call it leverage, call it torque, call it whatever you like but when I'm slicing a nice large piece of beef I want something like that.. or when Im chopping cabbage or cauliflower that Nakiri is a godsend..

:pirate3:

Konosuke HD

Konosuke HD Micarta :relax:
240mm Gyuto
6 Pin Micarta handle
Western type handle with bolster with index finger placement
Influenced by tactical knives

Balance in front of bolster
49.48mm height at heel
2.41mm thick at heel

A very unique knife for sure.... nice and comfortable grip

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/customfan1/IMG_3055_zpsd24733ab.jpg

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/customfan1/IMG_3056_zps8dfb250d.jpg

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/customfan1/IMG_3059_zpse47be39d.jpg

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s676/customfan1/IMG_3060_zps3ea35f71.jpg

Spoiler alert for knifenuts! Only a couple of words....

Amboyna.... Copper.... Twin.... Masa... Shig....

Keep posted, I think you are going to like these!

Catch you on the flip. :peepwall:

Back