Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This OEL also fux. I would rank it right up there with a @KAMON Knives in terms of cutting pleasure.

@Hockey3081 said it best. OEL knives fudge.

Making a pros and cons list of which knife in my kitchen drawer is getting voted off the island to make room for this one.

Attachments

• IMG_0951.jpeg
    IMG_0951.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Is this handle comfy?
So far, it’s pretty good. I use a pinch grip 90% of the time and the handle functions more as a counterweight, so this handle works just fine for me. Someone who primarily uses a different grip or who prefers large handles might feel differently. In that case, I’d say send it off to @birdsfan for a rehandle.

Been working on polishing a few manifestations of Tanaka’s work. I think I plan to start from scratch with a couple of them because I’m not happy with a few stray low grit scratches on the core steel, but it’s been fun to see the differences.

From top to bottom
- B1, Shuji Yamaguchi
- B1, Myojin (Kama Asa)
- AS, Nomura

IMG_2646.jpeg

IMG_2647.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2650.jpeg

IMG_2651.jpeg

IMG_2655.jpeg

Can’t wait to test them after I get some handles!

Been working on polishing a few manifestations of Tanaka’s work. I think I plan to start from scratch with a couple of them because I’m not happy with a few stray low grit scratches on the core steel, but it’s been fun to see the differences.

From top to bottom
- B1, Shuji Yamaguchi
- B1, Myojin (Kama Asa)
- AS, Nomura

View attachment 320157
View attachment 320158
View attachment 320159
View attachment 320160
View attachment 320161
View attachment 320162

Can’t wait to test them after I get some handles!

You know what. Choil shots are sexy.

I am very jealous @enrico
Just did a large prep session for mothers day. Man, this excelled at everything. Lateral cuts flew through onions, carrots dead silent, and grabbed peppers easily, shallots minced no problem. I don’t know but this may be the best knife dollar for dollar. It feels like a WH/middleweight but cuts like a custom Xerxes with stellar food release. Doesn’t oxidize easily, patina was mostly stable and subtle. Balance is perfect and I am not worried about the edge. Feels great on poly cutting boards. Good feedback on my coti. Steel wasn’t too hard for it. And the edge lasted for a whole shift and still grabbed tomato and pepper skins. Maybe I’ll crack some lobsters with her to hit the durability benchmark fully.

TLDR: Jannis makes a damn good knife.

Back