David Bowie

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, college days. "Fame" on LOUD. Beer flowing. Playing foosball to the beat. Who says white guys can't dance?

We're all richer for him.

Kinda bummed to see the great ones leave the building one after the other...

I've been listening to his live shows all day long on YouTube. Even his newest album blackstar is superb. I'm still getting over losing lemmy by checking out the hawkwind catalog. At least they both lived long fulfilling lives.

I really liked Blackstar, wish it was longer.

In tribute to Bowie, Phish wrote a song to celebrate his fortieth birthday. The only lyrics are "David Bowie, ub40" and while it sounded nothing like Bowie it was often a jumping off point to some spectacular jams.

I too will miss DB.:(

In tribute to Bowie, Phish wrote a song to celebrate his fortieth birthday. The only lyrics are "David Bowie, ub40" and while it sounded nothing like Bowie it was often a jumping off point to some spectacular jams.

I too will miss DB.:(

Yes, David Bowie by Phish is always cool to hear, just got the Ventura set for Christmas - it has a 21 minute version:D. Never saw him live so my favorite memory about DB was when he played live for Howard Sterns B Day extravaganza wish I remembered the year - maybe 1998?.

Dance magic, dance! Where ever that may be.

Side note... Very happy to see other knife knuts referencing Phish.

What ever you do, take care of your knives...I mean shoes!!

When I was 15, and Bowie was on tour for Let's Dance, I wanted to see him so bad. So I got up before the crack of dawn and rode my bike 15 miles to the nearest Ticketmaster outlet. I got there pretty early, and only bought two tickets, and ended up with some nice floor seats. Awesome concert. I've never regretted that decision (and really appreciate my parents' understanding and support).
RIP David Bowie, an amazing artist and showman!

Good knife connection too, as he picked Bowie for his stage name based since there was already a Jones (read this is WP this morning).

David Bowie Bowie tribute knife? HHH, you listening??? (yeah, he wasn't a heavy metal guy, so maybe the Lammy tribute knife is more realistic :) )

Back