Do You Carry a Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always in need of a knife, and although I can't carry one at work, any other time I have one. I have 3 in my rotation: Benchmade 710 in D2, ZT 561, and Chris Reeve Sebenza (Stolen, But just replaced)

I used to carry a Leatherman with a pocket clip and it ended up messing up the pockets in all my pants so I stopped carrying it. Anyone else have that problem?

I always had that problem when I carried a cold steel. It had very aggressive G10 scales and a rough pocket clip. I ended having to sand down the scales around and under the clip and polish the clip itself with flitz and a dremmel tool before it stopped chewing up my Khakis.

I had a student ask for scissors the other day and I asked him "don't you have a pocket knife?" To which he replied I always get hassled when I do . . . or I loose it . . . these kids today. I'm thinking like - "how do you get through your day without a knife?" It's the most basic tool to have on your person.

Cwright - how come you can't carry at work? If it were a metal thing I'd be packin' a zytel blade. I don't leave the house without one. If we're checking baggage it's in the bag. If we're doing carry on I leave it in the car and buy a throwaway immediately after leaving the airport.

I work in a hospital. So, "weapons" are not permitted. I think it is absurd, but there have been people fired for carrying small knives on the grounds. I usually just leave it in the glove box.

opinel?!!!!

where have you been all my life? i need an inexpensive knife for traveling..and this folder might be it!! cutting open fruit at a fruitstand in vietnam..i lost a better knife. i was bummed. i ended up using the foil cutter on a wine opener in the end. ahhaha.

this might be the ticket!! thanks folks.

i am fascinated by inexpensive blades..like my Mora. now to figure what sized Opinel i want..hmmmm

Just got a new one, courtesy of Randy. :biggrin::knife:

HHHNeckKnife.jpg

Yes, always. A small steel knife forged by Laguiole with an integrated corkscrew. Very useful at lunch.I'm often in need for a knife for cutting ''saucisson'' or fruit. After 9 years, the juniper's handle still smell the spices.It's also very ''zen'' for me. I take the time to do it. I like the ''feel'' of the handle in my hands, the smell of the juniper, the touch...etc. This is my way to respect the works of skilled craftsmen.

I currently carry a CRKT Mirage. Decent little folder for the money, though there are some things I don't like about it.
b7wKWiI.jpg

Randy just did an upgrade. A little bit of dyed spalted birch burl :doublethumbsup:

MTN011800x533.jpg

MTN008800x533.jpg

How do u like hat Pete....I've almost bout one of toms mid techs like five times when I've seen them come up for sale.....ryan

I love it, it's small, simple and pure function. Plus the bottle opener at the butt is a must for any craft beer drinker :hungry:

I really like my Spyderco Paramilitary. I used to EDC a Manix but that beast would not fit in all pants pockets and was just a little too big. Is that a Manix in your pocket or . . .

I carry a Andre can Heerden IKBS flipper in Ironwood. I never thought I would spend that much on an EDC... but I'm so glad I did.

Back