Do You Carry a Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My EDC -

kershaw tanto.JPG

I usually carry either a Sage or a Benchmade 710.

I always have too much stuff in my pockets, so the knife has to be small. Most times it's a Kershaw Leek with the D2 blade or a small extremely flat Swedish knife. The biggest I take is a Thiers Chambriard with snakewood scales :) Other than that I have a few SAKs and Opinels around the house.

Stefan

I almost always have 2 different knives on me: typically a gentlemen's folder, used mainly for actual cutting; and also a much sturdier + cheaper knife to be used for harsher tasks and/or self-defense.

Have rarely been without at least one pocket knife since around age of seven. Currently, key chain size SAK for toothpick and nail file...and Syderco Endura 4.

DSC01733.jpg

Usually one of these 4, or my Burt Foster Dark Side,on my belt, and a Schatt & Morgan or Queen muskrat in my pocket.

At work I carry an opinel carbone #6. Switched out the beechwood for olivewood recently. Out of work I carry a lil spyderco. I also have a few SOG zombie slayer types....

I've carried the same Benchmade Snody folder for several years. I really think the Axis locking mechanism is superior to all others. It's incredibly strong, and yet very fast to deploy and simple to fold.

For the rare occasion that I need to get dressed up I have a nice Laguiole folder in 12c27 that takes a screaming edge, and looks like a "gentleman's" knife.

Axis is hard to beat, but I don't think it's any better than the Tri Ad and I researched it pretty thoroughly, not just based on dipshit Lynn's videos. I had an old carbon steel Laguiole for 20 years until someone stole it. Cried like a baby. ;-) I've been thinking about another one but the good ones these days ain't at all cheap.

kershaw blur, kershaw skyline, swiss army knife, and a svord peasant knife.

Have a knife on me at all times. Either it's a Gerber folding knife, or my Bucklite skinning knife. I also keep a machete in the car. That machete has saved my life before, and on that day I named her Stella. It was made in England I believe, and I found her at a pawn shop.

rule #9. never get caught without a knife. i carry one 100%. usually a case folder like S above.

but if i am in hairier places, like a tunnel underground, or hunting..(or oakland ;)) i carry one of my partially serrated benchmades.

I also keep a machete in the car. That machete has saved my life before, and on that day I named her Stella.
Please do tell-a, the story abouta Stella!
Were zombies involved?
Crackheads?
Kardashians?

whoa whoa whoa - you brought a Kardashian to a knife fight? :pirate1:

Usually a Spyderco Caly 3 or Dragonfly 2.

Please do tell-a, the story abouta Stella!
Were zombies involved?
Crackheads?
Kardashians?

Crazy little wannabe gang bangers the first time. I was cut off in the road, and they brought knives to a machete fight. I THINK it was to do with who I was dating at the time, but the cops said it was probably a robbery attempt. I was working a lawn service crew back then so had her in my back seat. They did stab me, but I hacked his leg up something good. They ended up hobbling away. Got the guy I got with the machete because he had to go to the hospital.

The SECOND time she, "saved my life" I was with my wife who was just a friend at the time, and another one of our mutual friends who was visiting from Ohio. He was a big burly teddy bear of a man, but he's gay and had some theory back then that if he could pull some big, burly guys all for himself if he shaved his head and got a septum piercing, and he did look mean. I was in a "goth" phase, so I had this half shaved head, half spiked hair look going on. These two guys in a freaking parking lot at a gas station we had gone to get some coffee in Barstow before we set off on our road trip to Vegas had APPARENTLY been maced and beaten up really bad by a bunch of skinheads, and could barely see, but apparently saw enough of us and our partially shaven/totally shaven heads to conclude we were the guys who had attacked them. I tried reasoning with the guy but he pulls this knife on me, and the girl who was with them ran out between us and seemed to calm the guy down. We make it inside the gas station and tell the attendant to call 911, and she says, "Aren't you the Nazis that beat the crap out of them?!" I say, HELL NO! This guy's gay! We're just sexy with shaved heads. She sort of laughs it off, tells us that the maced guys already called 911 half an hour ago. Then she tells us to get out of the store so we don't get the place messed up. We walk out of the gas station, and the one dude who we dubbed "Brock Lessner" who could've broken me in half comes running at us with his knife. I tell my friends to run, and we all RUN to the car. I had Stella under the front seat at that time cause I was driving from Texas to California to meet up with my friends and after past incidents in my life I had grown paranoid; pulled it out from the car, turned around, and went BraveHeart on that guy's ass screaming as loud as I could. He scared the effing crap out of me, lmao, I had to do SOMETHING! He saw Stella and he skidded to a halt like he was in a freaking cartoon. I started yelling and trying to just sound as mean as I could, told him I was from Texas, and if I had been the guy he thought I was I'd have just shot him and been done with it. He ends up apologizing to me, and shaking all our hands. That's when I find out about the mace and the skinheads, and everything else that led to that series of unfortunate events.

The BEST PART of that whole Barstow drama was the chick with those two guys, and the first thing I heard when getting out of the car and walking towards the gas station was, "Is that those mother f******?! GET EM!" and that girl screaming, "THAT'S NOT THE GUYS! THAT'S NOT THE GUYS!" After the whole thing was done she slapped the effing crap out of that guy and told him, "I TOLD you that wasn't the guys." She gave me a big hug.

wow^^^!!!

stella is good! i hope i never get in a situation where a machete is the answer..(unless it is some thick vines in the way of my walk :))

My Stella has 4 legs and a curly tail...and I mostly carry either SOG's or Buck folders, but always have something sharp with me.

Carbon Opinel no. 8

Takes a crazy edge within seconds, costs some €6.

I carry one of those as well when hiking. Makes a great picnic knife. It does get crazy sharp.

My EDC is a little 3 blade stag scale case xxx my grandfather gave me when I was 12. I'll try to get pics later after work

Carbon Opinel no. 8

Takes a crazy edge within seconds, costs some €6.

I carry one of those as well when hiking. Makes a great picnic knife. It does get crazy sharp.

My EDC is a little 3 blade stag scale case xxx my grandfather gave me when I was 12. He carried it forever before me, not sure the age. Blade marking is 5832 I'll try to get pics later after work

Latest posts

Back