do you eat instant noodles?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the flavors touted as Xtra spicy are a fad and taste like sh1t.

funny thing, there is this Indian restaurant I go to where I love their Tikka marsala. but I have to get Indian level spicy because regular spice just doesn't taste as good even though the Indian spicy is almost unbearably painful, it comes with it an immensely more flavorful experience. I wish I could get that flavor without the excessive heat.

Last edited:
funny thing, there is this Indian restaurant I go to where I love their Tikka marsala. but I have to get Indian level spicy because regular spice just doesn't taste as good even though the Indian spicy is almost unbearably painful, it comes with it an immensely more flavorful experience. I wish I could get that flavor without the excessive heat.
This is how I feel about the Thai bird peppers. The flavor is great, but there's so much heat that it's hard to actually experience it much.

It’s a comfort food from childhood. I used to throw my leftover gaprow chicken in my ramen and a poached egg.

Now I don’t have good Thai food here so I just do eggs in Shin black and doctor it up with black vinegar, soy, sesame and use only part of the hot packet.

Instant ramen is a guilty pleasure of mine, though I try to stick to air-dried noodles (unless I'm in the middle of cycling season, in which case the additional calories are a non-issue). I'll pick up Shin Light whenever I come across it, and also like Laksa La Mian.

Slightly off topic but I love spagettios too. Eating that with mozzarella sticks, fresh craked black pepper, and lots of parm. Drizzle of truffle oil if I have it.

Also, the instant japanese pasta sauces. I'm backwards with that one, I make fresh pasta for it lolol.
The spagettios and truffle oil is madness. A+.

i dont. maybe 4x a year. i find them too extreme. extreme salt, extreme spicy. a package never fills me up, and it cant be good for me at all, so i avoid them.

my wife on the other hand, LOVES THEM. my pantry looks like the closet of a college dorm room. She does add fresh veg, and usually an egg..but i still dont really like them.

it has to be a billion dollar industry. there are thousands of varieties.

you all?
All the time, have a lot of dried, instant noodles in the cupboard—instant lasagna sheets, various Asian noodles, couscous, etc. Useful stuff for my kitchen.

Back