Dogs of KKF

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha yeah I can imagine. Got a similar pair - the black one is 13.5 years old, the white one 12.5 yo.

doggoes.jpg

Sometimes one of them will bark for no reason, the other one will thing something must have happened since the other barks, so he barks too. Then dog no.1 things the same thing and they both bark like crazy, both thinking the other one noticed something. Real life comedy.

PXL_20230103_191813306.PORTRAIT.jpg
Our sweet pooch, Daisy.

She approached a group of construction guys down in TN, nothing but skin and bones and missing most her fur. One of the guys managed to get her into his truck and to a vet. They found out she was pregnant but it had to be aborted because she was so young and was in really poor health.

Construction guy and his wife kept her in the back yard for a month until we adopted her. When she came to us she:
Did not know her name
Was missing much of her fur
Had never been indoors
Had never been walked on a leash
Had never been shown love

It was clear she had been abused at some point. She would try and nip your hand if you tried to pet her. She was very afraid of people, men in particular.

Almost 2 years later and she is just the best dog.

View attachment 221329Our sweet pooch, Daisy.

She approached a group of construction guys down in TN, nothing but skin and bones and missing most her fur. One of the guys managed to get her into his truck and to a vet. They found out she was pregnant but it had to be aborted because she was so young and was in really poor health.

Construction guy and his wife kept her in the back yard for a month until we adopted her. When she came to us she:
Did not know her name
Was missing much of her fur
Had never been indoors
Had never been walked on a leash
Had never been shown love

It was clear she had been abused at some point. She would try and nip your hand if you tried to pet her. She was very afraid of people, men in particular.

Almost 2 years later and she is just the best dog.
those eyes 🥺

My 3yo Kaya , purebred Sivas Kangal and the 2yo luna , the lunatic boxer

Attachments

• 35BDE011-BF7D-4E2C-85A6-5E45BE9A288D.jpeg
    35BDE011-BF7D-4E2C-85A6-5E45BE9A288D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • D9C63968-938B-432F-9CE0-E0C6D7BD6A30.jpeg
    D9C63968-938B-432F-9CE0-E0C6D7BD6A30.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DF6993F1-7D79-4D3D-9566-716BA64A6660.jpeg
    DF6993F1-7D79-4D3D-9566-716BA64A6660.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
BAC6D483-2A22-44CD-A2EF-13169EB4FAF4.jpeg
871C469B-23DB-470D-879C-79A1B71F4509.jpeg
2D335EA1-0FD8-4385-8740-EA37D79280E2.jpeg
AD6225E4-96A5-43D0-822A-054AA1017369.jpeg

Alright I’ll stop 🫣

Best dog a man could ever ask for. Trained him as a puppy so I can bring him anywhere without a leash. They say your pet is a reflection of you, and I’m 6’9”, so needless to say I’ll probably only have Danes or similar giant breed dogs for the rest of my life. This guy tho, well he will always hold the most special place in my heart, as the one who taught me patience and what it means to take care of something or someone who depends on you wholly and completely. If any of my future dogs are half as good as he is, I’ll be a very lucky man.

Last edited:
What a wonderful thread! :) Dogs are life. Here are some pics of our pup, Adele (16). Currently on the mend (a large tumor was removed from her tail last week), so she currently has about a 0.8"x2" open wound at the base of her tail on the underside (yeah, right next to her * , really nice location... not). So, I've been swapping the wound wrap every day, and keeping it and the surrounding area as sanitary as possible.

Currently waiting for the biopsy result... so not so fun times but at least she seems to be in less pain than before (the cyst that was removed had gotten pretty big, I wish I had pushed for having it removed earlier). Vet costs are tripping me up a bit (another visit to the vet ahead tomorrow for wound control, same as Friday) but what can you do... I promised to take care of her until the end and that is what I will do.

1680464491719.png

"Hi!"

1680464554394.png

Improvised operating table... fortunately she can be chill as heck.

1680464625236.png

What a goof... 😅 😍

1680464811309.png

Two words: Vestibular syndrome. Our pup can't seem to catch a break, had to take her to the vet because she puked all of yesterday due to inner ear woes. She has the telltale head tilt, eye twitching (nystagmus), can't keep balance, etc. Hopefully cleaning her ear helps with that, just need to get her to eat (she got an antinausea shot and I will continue with pills at home after that).

It was dramatic to see the change practically overnight. Keeping fingers crossed that this passes soon, I need to get her to do her doodies and carrying her for her outings and back home is far from an optimal solution (but we do what we must).

Two words: Vestibular syndrome. Our pup can't seem to catch a break, had to take her to the vet because she puked all of yesterday due to inner ear woes. She has the telltale head tilt, eye twitching (nystagmus), can't keep balance, etc. Hopefully cleaning her ear helps with that, just need to get her to eat (she got an antinausea shot and I will continue with pills at home after that).

It was dramatic to see the change practically overnight. Keeping fingers crossed that this passes soon, I need to get her to do her doodies and carrying her for her outings and back home is far from an optimal solution (but we do what we must).
hope she recovers soom! my pup had to take antinausea shots for other reasons and it usually does the trick almost instantly.

Back