Dogs of KKF

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20231006-184410.jpg

Sleepy fuzz ball
IMG_8551.jpeg

I like the idea of a herder, with my Brittanies I'd be making a big batch chicken soup.
I grew up with hunting dogs but my current is a border collie mix. It is SO nice just having him herd the group during hikes or mountain bike rides rather than chase game. Not a lick of prey drive. Team herding dog from here on out

20230703_172546.jpg
20231007_084839.jpg

me and my buddy tucker at it again. walking back to the truck with 2 wild roosters(the limit here) about 20 minutes after starting. the weather has been surprisingly great here in MN lately.

unfortunately he has developed a slight limp the past couple times we've been out. i've manipulated the affected leg joints and checked his pad/paw/nails on without him having any obvious signs of pain. i believe a vet checkup is probably in order.

he just turned 7 in august so hes at the tail end of his prime. his prey and retrieving drive are still insanely high and i dont remember the last time we lost a downed bird(including cripples that hit the ground running) but age is certainly starting to catch up to him.

CiBgrNv.jpeg

This is Paulie, my silky terrier rescue. He was gonna be put down as a fear biter after his earlier “family” abused (and blinded!) him. It took a year to gain his trust, but now he is napping on my shoulder. He hates people … good thing I’m not one

Attachments

• IMG_3027.jpeg
    IMG_3027.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
This is Paulie, my silky terrier rescue. He was gonna be put down as a fear biter after his earlier “family” abused (and blinded!) him. It took a year to gain his trust, but now he is napping on my shoulder. He hates people … good thing I’m not one
My little guy was abused too. Just can't believe some people. I'm so glad Paulie ended up with you!!

My little guy was abused too. Just can't believe some people. I'm so glad Paulie ended up with you!!
I swear on a stack of old Japan Woodworker catalogs … that boy kept my (!) together during the Covid years.

(Aside: when crossing into Canada after 500 miles in the saddle of a Harley, bucking headwinds the whole way , and the guy at the border asks “?traveling alone” do NOT say “yeah … just me and the voices.”)

Yay for scruffy terriers!! Do you know exactly what he is? Mine's a humane society special so we dunno exactly what he is. Maybe wire haired jack russell and dauschund mix.

View attachment 304318
No idea, he was found with a litter of his brothers, he looks bit different from them tho. There are some local descendants of Jack Russell terriers in China, might be them mixed with local breeds
IMG_8818.jpeg

Back