DT 200 Bubblewrap + HA Musk Ox wa / Mammoth Jaw Ferrule

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are probably tired of this knife already, but since I am not Im posting anyway :p

Been in my possession a couple of days now, and it feels great. The handle is awesome, and Im thinking about knives and compering it to cars.
As Im not really interested in cars or not a skilled driver, I can still tell if the car is good or not. When you sit down in a really expensive car, you will get a real good feeling. The seat (handle) is perfect for you and you sit comfortable. When you starts to drive you will feel the performance of a good vs a bad car. Same with knives. I am not skilled as 95% of this forum, but I have been spoiled with really great knives. So even not a skilled knifenut, I still can tell from a bad vs a good knife. This knife is really good. But do I adapt to the knife or do I need a knife made for my skills or how I cut? I think I adapt to the knife. But then I can tell if the knife is good or not. Devins 150 petty was to flat for my style, but after using it for months I adapt to it. So my customs will in the future be up to the maker, but is it a custom then? Well I don't know, but the word custom made is hot and more hot than artisan made :)

Anyway. Getting a camera next week, until then you got to see this bad photos:

Spine
7158003638_6125aac603_z.jpg

7158001042_a55050cf76_z.jpg

I think I can adapt to most things, but the grip is very important to me. I have decided to rehandle EVERY knife I have :p

very nice Oivind, I am Getting a little intimidated by all your nice knives.:Ooooh:

Thanks Bill :)

A little bird told me Im about to get 4 knives that will outclass this by a lightyear.

Really bad cam.... Banana looks like melon :p

Love this knife....
Its taken over the most used spot over my Carter :)

I totally agree.
However, the kitchen is about to be rebuild.
Im going for a end grain integrated in my kitchen island. )

A proper knife would slice through those seeds, not push then through the flesh of the melon!

I have a no new knives policy for 2012. All I get my hands on are prepaid in 2010 or 2011, except one....

Will do a WIP on my kitchen ;)
And I hope to get my hands on camera next week :)

Beutiful knife combo there.........looking forward to 2013:D

Thanks Will.

Im very impressed by this knife. Devin really made a great knife. My GF starts to enjoy the size as well.
This time with Bamboo cutting board - :curse:

7187338274_a6439208f7_b.jpg

I am so ashamed. But then again I have no proper kitchen atm
Im putting my best knives away until after summer. Ill bring em to life in my new kitchen :)

A beauty among others :)

7177556541_ef7020928d_z.jpg

This beauty was on a visit to one of Norways best chefs today. Even being one of the best chefs in Europe, he is not that into knives like us nuts. However the verdict over this beauty was beyond my expectations. He really liked the profile and the way it cut. As he said to me: You really got to own something like this once in your lifetime :)

That's some great looking steel Øyvind.
And I'm happy you are enjoying it as much as it seems:)

The handle, well it certainly look unique..

Back