ECG!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a good list of what you need to bring is provided in your charcuterie thread...

Sure! But I need about 2 months to get stuff ready...not 2 weeks. I do have a little duck prosciutto ready, and I could also make some salmon pastrami and chicken liver mousse in time for the ECG.

is there a place locally where we can get some nice whole fish from? Maybe I can cut some stuff for the grill.

Only supermarkets which get a lot of their fish delivered already portioned.

All those knives someone had better be cutting.

I know this isn't just cutting but it will work.
[video=youtube;zqb7QQO7aeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqb7QQO7aeM&feature=g-user-u[/video]

Sorry. My attempt at humor ......and I said "it with " not "with it ".OK I'll stop now

Ahh, I missed that the first time. :running:

I'm a newb here, but I hope to join you guys and meet some of the faces behind the posts! My only caveat is I don't know if I'll be able to drive that far as I'm still in a sling post shoulder surgery. IF I do make it, I'm happy to bring food, booze, old wines - whatever is needed or wanted!

I'm a newb here, but I hope to join you guys and meet some of the faces behind the posts! My only caveat is I don't know if I'll be able to drive that far as I'm still in a sling post shoulder surgery. IF I do make it, I'm happy to bring food, booze, old wines - whatever is needed or wanted!

If you can make it to Farmington, CT you can leave your car here and I can take you the rest of the way.

Ok, so our caravan is set, looks like we got some others coming in. I am bringing most of my knives, including the big guns. I will also be bringing a bit of food (bit might be an understatement)

I'm going to try to be here for this. Sorry that I can't commit yet but the plan is to attend. :)

Wish I could be there and meet people (again). Not really my business, just thinking: It might be a nice gesture to inform/invite Warren who has been so generous with hosting this in the past. Not sure if he is still reading or whether his priorities have shifted away from us.

I hope you guys have a lot of fun out there!

Stefan

Warren has already been invited via PM. He's been the host for such a long time it's his turn to be a guest. He'll try to make it.

I've also been in touch with other people that are in the area but haven't been active on the forum.

Booked our hotel for Friday night earlier today. We'll knock around downtown Friday afternoon/ evening and Saturday morning, then drive to NJ to visit my aunt until Sunday morning. Anyone around in the downtown area who might want to meet up for dinner Friday night? Craig sent me a few restaurant suggestions.

Ok, so our caravan is set, looks like we got some others coming in. I am bringing most of my knives, including the big guns. I will also be bringing a bit of food (bit might be an understatement)

Nice Matt, just let us know the details any anything we can do to help.

Thanks

I'll be there with a carrot cake and something else that goes with BBQ. Thanks for the invite. -Doug

Here's a list of probable attendees so we have a general idea of how many people may show:

Seth
JChance
Wildboar (2)
Theory
Son
Mike Davis
Marko
Mattrud
Eto
Dave
Jmac
Namaxy
knyfeknerd
Andrew H
papazaza
Doug Seward

Friends and relatives are welcome. Just indicate how many may attend.

There's an outside chance the local paper may cover the event. If they do, the idea is to promote our interests and if asked, explain how the knives we use are different than the average knife without putting them down.

I think there is one signed up on "Upcoming" that did not make it onto this list.

Please bring some spouses/ gfs, so my wife is not the only one :biggrin:

Hopefully Butch, Dave M and Warren can make it as well!

Sweet oh yeah. I'm definitely coming. Work and the boss (wife) are letting me go. Let me know if I can bring anything. I probably won't bring food -I think you guys have that covered. I may bring some good NC beers though.

Bummed I am missing this one :( Maybe the next one!

OK I'm officially signed up. I'm dragging along my wife and kids(2) as well. See you there! :)

Back