ECG!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figures, parents scheduled a 90th birthday party for my Grandmother that weekend. I'm out :(

Green Brook, just a couple miles east of North and south Plainfield. And I think Theorey's work place is less then 10 miles to the south.

Yeah Greenbrook is right of 22 merely a 10-15 minute drive for me.

I know I’m new to the forum but I’m very interested in coming. Defiantly thinking about making the trip down.

If JC makes it, I can probably make it too - I need a ride.
Maybe I can catch a ride with Matt?

If I come, I will bring a couple of my knives to show and to cut with.

M

If I come I will be renting a car to bring food and knives. Keep me posted on the decided date so I can do my best to get off.

It looks like I will be able to go, if so I can give both or either of you a ride if that works for you guys.

Just signed up. I will be there.

eto

sad to say i cant make it this year... wish i could, but just too much going on right now

'i'm in if I can figure out how to get where I need to get, I'm bringing some homemade hooch. and maybe a vintage or two.

I'm starting to get excited by the interest! Jon, you'll be missed; Son, it looks like you should be able to catch a ride from someone in NYC.

In addition to smoking a pork butt, I'm going to confit turkey legs for tacos. Any thoughts on fillings? I'm thinking of adobo sauce and it would be good to have something crisp and fresh as a counterpoint. Never made them before so please give ideas.

Maybe we can convince Travis to provide some pickled onions -- those would go well with the confit turkey.

My wife is excited that so many pros will be at this ECG, as she's a bit more info cooking then knives. But she did enjoy Del's forging demo last year.

Looks like Linecooked, eto and I have a caravan from NYC coming. You people better show up in some numbers, with knives and gear. Especially if I am going to be bringing my knives and food. Lets go people.

JC and Linecooked offered me a ride. I might go with JC, as I don't want to overload a care that will be heavy loaded with food, right Matt?. I will be bringing some stones for Dave.

M

P.S.

I'm driving a big ass Caddy with room for 6 easy. Anyone wants to ride in style let me know.

European leather, real oak trim, 15 speaker stereo system, 300 horsepower engine, chrome rims, abs breaks, 26 hw/mpg... :D

Man, that sounds great! You got some spare room? I bet everybody will want to travel in THAT car.

M

I am so going to try to make it. Will be a last minute thing though. If I leave here at 3 or 4am, it should be good timing. Anyone from the Carolina's or anywhere in the Southeast coming?

I am so going to try to make it. Will be a last minute thing though. If I leave here at 3 or 4am, it should be good timing. Anyone from the Carolina's or anywhere in the Southeast coming?

I'm going to try and make it. From SE Virginia anyways :pirate1:

Found coverage, told the hireups and I officially have the day off. I'll be there with Marko in tow. As the saying goes Marko "Ass, Grass or Gyutos...nobody rides for free." :D :razz:

I will bring my meager kit and anything else if needed. We need any foodstuffs or whatever?

As for feedback...if you have tables outside for people to show their knives off on, a covered area is best. Even a sunny day can be problematic, I know Butch had a few ferrules on a set of steak knives crack last year just from sitting out in the sun.

Also, Colin, I see you online and I haven't seen you post lately. You coming or what?

JC, glad you're coming and I'll put the tables in a shaded area. And...

... will someone please give this good man a ride?! He's bringing hooch. :)

I'll be giving Son a ride. Also, is there a place locally where we can get some nice whole fish from? Maybe I can cut some stuff for the grill.

Back