EU based sharpener

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vils

Reaction score
I have a single bevelled knife in need of sharpening. I have realized that I am not up to the task and I am in need for professional help. Any suggestions on good sharpeners in the EU?

Actually this is a case where I'm not 100% sure if Schanz is the right address. He's not exactly known for the classic japanese single bevel forms. That said it probably doesn't hurt to ask him, given his reputation I doubt he would take the job if he's not capable of delivering.

There are 2 people I would trust - Masim from JNS (though he rarely takes sharpening orders as he is running his shop) and Greg from Wabocho in UK. Greg did truly excellent job on re-finishing and sharpening single bevel Shigefusa honesuki and thinning and sharpening Carter funayuki. If I ever need knife work that is beyond my abilities I would not hesitate to have Greg do the job.

Jay at Japanese Knife Company in London, studied under a famous nokaji.

Jay at Japanese Knife Company in London, studied under a famous nokaji.

I'd be very wary of JKC unfortunately.

Not sure if Korin France does sharpening?

What knife is it? And has it been sharpened before?

I'd ask Greg. I've also got good experience with him. He's very capable.

I'd be very wary of JKC unfortunately.

Not sure if Korin France does sharpening?

What knife is it? And has it been sharpened before?

Yeah, I semi retract my recommendation I do actually remember him getting a bit stroppy about my non JKC knives.

I'd ask Greg. I've also got good experience with him. He's very capable.

Can't agree more. Greg sharpened and finished three of my higher end knives (one single bevel) and he does a very good job. Nice guy to deal with as well :thumbsup:

Regards, Iggy

Back