Failure

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Prob Bill :)

As I said: I have lots of time.
Feel free to let Marko test my knife, and feel free to talk directly with Marko on this project. He is making a high end saya for it. As long as the testing/ other things you plan doesnt destroy my knife, Im fine :)

Marko: I can pick this up after summer. No prob. I really want to have this tested. I also want my Pierre to be tested the same way, so Ill leave it to you for testing as well.

My Carter is going to be heavily abused by me and Darkhoek, Im not so conserned about it and if we destroy it then we at least will know how extreme it holds :) The Carter is just 2 to 10% priced as the other knives here :)

And when you do the side grain test don't forget to factor in with as opposed to across the grain! It seems to me that cutting with the grain should be very similar to end grain, no?

And when you do the side grain test don't forget to factor in with as opposed to across the grain! It seems to me that cutting with the grain should be very similar to end grain, no?
Probably not. It seems really unlikely you are going to get your edge to hit parallel to the board fibers.

Marko, I have to say, I love your attention to detail in your experiments as well as your for sale work, although I have a feeling they are all experiments to you.

Marko, I have to say, I love your attention to detail in your experiments as well as your for sale work, although I have a feeling they are all experiments to you.

They are and and I find that I learn better/faster if I understand it through experiment, rather than explanation or reading. Of course, reading is what gets me to do these kind of experiments. :)

M

Back