Favorite comfort foods

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mayo marinated pork kebabs and mashed potatoes with bacon lardons and carmelized onions in them.

jasmine rice, then during the last few minutes of cooking add some thinly sliced flank steak that has been marinated in high quality soy,ginger and scallions. All day Everyday.

Boiled chicken and rice. Also if its still a little red its okay in my book.

[video=youtube;tBjKOqBxHcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBjKOqBxHcc[/video]

Not favorite, but up there with them is Poutine. An idea that for most people sounds horrible is just fantastic if you give it the chance.

Not favorite, but up there with them is Poutine. An idea that for most people sounds horrible is just fantastic if you give it the chance.

How can french fries, cheese curds and gravy sound horrible?

Roast pork about 6 hr on 300 lots of garlic, red beans and rice and fried plantains. Yummy

From my back ground, something like braised oxtail or cheek, with roast vege and yorkshire puddings (although I'm actually Scottish, but damn, we have to tip our hat to the English for inventing those :hungry: ). Or just a really good piece of bread with heaps of butter and good salt.

Since moving to Melbourne and getting to experience the diversity of Asian food here, maybe something like pho, or just after service fried rice with whatever leftovers we have from service.

On the subject of good chinese supper destinations in Melbourne, I'd highly recommend Ling Nam just round the corner from Supper Inn. A favourite with our staff; awesome fried rice with salted fish and pretty good XO pippies, just make sure to order a side of chinese "doughnuts" to soak up the sauce.

Cheers,
Josh

Given that I was raised in meat and potato country, my comfort foods may seem a bit odd. When I am feeling down, and in need of comfort, I go for spicy food, Chinese, thai, or even a good curry, when I can get it. Spicy food just seems to cheer me up. I guess the other half is, I don't make any of those foods at home. I do all the cooking at home, so having food made for me helps as well.
I could go for a little thai food right now in fact. havn't had any for a few years.
Del

I like vegetables fried rice, fried fish, green vegetables salads, smoked chicken, and pasta.

home-made spicy salccia calabrese rosted over charcoal

Spicy mac n cheese with a nice crunchy crust. Yummy and cheesy

Funnily enough, it is Pad Prik Krapao Moo for me. Spicy, herbal stir fry with a sunny side up egg is just phenomenal.

And you found that in canberra? The big roundabout changed :p

Funnily enough, it is Pad Prik Krapao Moo for me. Spicy, herbal stir fry with a sunny side up egg is just phenomenal.

Dgilks, have you been to Mok, now in Kingston (ex Florey) for the up and Thip in Belco for the down market for the dish?

Chili con carne with wild mushrooms, over rice.
Poutine if I'm drunk.

My ex-wife use to make this mac and cheese dish that was outstanding. She used the recipe for mac and cheese out of an old Betty Crocker cookbook but she would also add smoke sausage, green peas, and cayenne pepper to it. It was outstanding cold as a leftover snack.

I make a boiled cabbage and potato with smoked sausage (sometimes with andouille) I kind of make a colcannon out of it. Then recently I made real boston baked beans with pork cooked about 12 hours in the oven, this maybe my new comfort food.

Back