finally got bragging rights.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
everytime i see guys do that, i wonder what the back of my head would look like if i did the same (its already bad and i dont do that)

Dave M. must have done this many times :D

Stefan

:plus1:
Son, after reading Jon's note and your response, you went up even further in my esteem, if that was possible.

Immensely respect you for both posts in this thread Son. Again: good on ya.

Very nice Son. It seems that you are still on the right track.

Never ruin a good story by telling the truth.

Hoss

Hoss

+1.

Still pretty darn impressive. If I tried to test sharpness like that, I'd lose a handful of hair and half an ear.

A little lost in translation... sorry about that. Still though, it was a nice edge on the forgecraft.

BWAHAHAHAH, this may be the secret to almost every martial arts and samurai myth I have ever heard.

+1, even after finding out the truth, I would have taken it to the grave. If Jon had posted the truth on the forum himself, I would have called him a liar, a cheat, and a thief. And put a curse on his knuckles to grow overly thick hair causing a hindrance to his sharpening skills.

Do you know of any videos that show how the burr testing on hair is done?

Do you know of any videos that show how the burr testing on hair is done?
It looks just like testing it on your arm hair only it's the back of the head. I think a lot of Japanese folk just don't have enough arm hair to make it work, lol. They take the knife to the back of the head and run the blade down lightly so that it catches some hair.

awesome story..nice little mid-way twist. hahah.

thanks.

if any japanese knife master gets a hold of my knives..he will snatch them from me, slap me on the back of my head..and leave me with something from Target.

i am a work in progress..i have that 1000/6000 king stone.

Back