Free International Shipping @ Rakuten.jp

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
id rather support a vendor. someone who has your back incase of problems.

Yeah, I've used Rakuten a fair amount here in Japan, but U.S. buyers are probably better off with American vendors in most cases.

I do see some of Sakai Yusuke's stuff qualifies, but not their gyuto or petty knives.

If jck had what i was looking for, i would use them. Peace of mind, good qc, cheap shipping, friendly helpful service, and non gibberish website more than make up for any price difference, which is minimal from what ive seen.

The shipping offer is nice, if you're buying from abroad and considering the convenience of the Ratuken site (that is, if you can find your way around on it). Not to burst the bubble, but if are able to contact the sellers directly I think they would normally give you free shipping anyway. A standard offer for sizable purchases. ;) Actually, they would be happy to, as I think they'd make more money from a direct sale than through Ratuken.

If jck had what i was looking for, i would use them. Peace of mind, good qc, cheap shipping, friendly helpful service, and non gibberish website more than make up for any price difference, which is minimal from what ive seen.

+1 I'd rather buy without confusion, and have complete faith in a proven vendor, than save a few bucks....but that's just me.

has anyone bought anything yet? i wonder if the transaction will be processed fast enough to get the free shipping...

I bought a UX10 Suji before the FS promo. Got the knife in about a week. Payment processing was a little odd with this particular seller. Rakuten took my CC info then passed it along to the merchant, who then processed it. I don't know what system they have in place to pass CC info, but i'm a little nervous that they were doing it insecurely. I'm not sure if that's the case with all merchants. The transaction took 2 days to process because they ran the card while I was sleeping, then my CC company called me to ask about a "fraudulent" charge, then I had to call to straighten things out and alert the merchant.

I tried but can't seem to get through checkout. It asks for my Japanese address? Weird :(

that happen when seller/store doesn't shipping the items international!! lots good stuff only sale in Japan Rakuten not in global Rakuten.....

Not all shops participate int his promo. Yamakawa is not in for this free shipping, so don't sweat.

Am getting two Asahi cutting boards to upgrading my fish station at home.

I can only find those asahi boards in smallish sizes( 40cm /25cm), any idea if there are larger ones available with free shipping?

Hi Huw,

Ones with free shipping is on smallish side, but it is not totally free either. Ones I put an order for (still processing after 36 hours) are 45*25 and weight 2.2 kg each for about 6000 jpy each, so 4.4 kg shipping is already a bit more than 5000 jpy.

In any case, if you want to check for larger boards, have a look at this seller:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search?k=&tl=301501&sid=hanamaru-sealer#googtrans/ja/en

my orders have arrived. best deals were a tojiro dp 240 deba for 130$ and 2 shapton pros 1000 and 1 shapton pro 2000 for 135$, including customs and shipping. pretty happy with rakuten.

my orders have arrived. best deals were a tojiro dp 240 deba for 130$ and 2 shapton pros 1000 and 1 shapton pro 2000 for 135$, including customs and shipping. pretty happy with rakuten.

congrats!!

what are the conditions for free shipping ?

That does look good - thanks for pointing it out! I haven't ordered one, but I'm very tempted to.

Back