Gesshin 400 passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it today. Have soon knives in need of attention this weekend. Someone dropped of a chipped Myabi and a bag of Henkels for starters. Will be done over the weekend.

Used it along side a Beston 500 and diamond plate. Didn't need as much soak time to be effective. Felt much smoother, although it worked as quickly. The Beston feels unrefined by comparison. The Geshin 400 felt easier to control if that makes any sense. A big improvement for just a few more dollars. Just waiting for shipping info. Thank you once again K-Fed. I hope to return the favor at some point.

You're more than welcome. I believe brainsausage, or crothcipt are next on the list whenever you're ready to pass it on. =)

Just received it yesterday, haven't had a chance to put it to work yet. Although I have been snacking on the delicious homemade toffee that Mike sent along with it:hungry: Best passaround ever!

The bags were sitting right next to the stone before shipping. Needed something to pack with it :D

Crap, I'm really sorry that this hasn't been sent forward yet. The last couple months have been murder schedule wise. I'm in to work before the post office is open, and out loooong after it closes, and completely burn out and brain dead come Monday when I've had a day off. I honestly hadn't realized how long it'd been till I looked back here to see who was next on the list. Apologies to everyone ahead of me(and to K-Fed, as I'm sure you want this back at some point...). I'll have this out as soon as I hear back from crothcipt.

Is there a way to still get in on this? Have a few that could use some work and wouldn't mind trying before buying.

looks pretty good. Seems like the next stone on the list for me.

Got here last week some time (didn't go to the mail box until after the snow quit). Will give it a go sometime this week, and hopefully off by the weekend.

Who is next? I have had this for a couple months. Finally got around to using it last week, it is def the next stone I get.

I wouldnt mind trying it out if there is an opening before it gets returned. Let me know whoever is running this one.

Don and then Jvanis are the last two on the list at the moment.

Is this still going around?

Being as the thread is over a year old with no posts...probably not. I would recommend tuning in to Jon's subforum as there is talk of a complete Gesshin stone set passaround.

i wouldn't be comfortable passing along to someone with only 4 posts anyway (without collateral)..

That was a little harsh - Panda missed tact school - but it's likely OBE -. The thread has been dormant for a year and a half.

If you check out a couple of passaround threads, most ask for participants to have been an active member for at least six months and there is typically a post count requirement as well. Don't recall a collateral requirement ever being invoked.

Keep coming back and you'll likely be eligible for the next one.

And welcome.

Thanks daveb for clearing that up. It can be tough for a new forum user, but I'm glad to see that KKF can be welcoming. I've been primary using this site for gathering a wealth of information on sharpening stones. Oh, btw why can't I search for words less then 4 characters? So many post refer to stones as 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k 6k ... etc
thanks,

Oh, btw why can't I search for words less then 4 characters? So many post refer to stones as 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k 6k ... etc
thanks,

Best way to search this site that I've found is Google "site:kitchenknifeforums.com what you're looking for"

Oh, btw why can't I search for words less then 4 characters? So many post refer to stones as 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k 6k ... etc
thanks,

Are you searching within KKF with the search? Try using google search of KKF (if you google Kitchen Knife Forums and don't go directly to the site) you should be able to get a search box via google:
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1439400693.707536.jpg

I think it will also work directly in the google search box like this:
query site:kitchenknifeforums.com

Back