Giveaway number UNO".........

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations and - Wow! Erik, can you please PM me next week's lottery numbers? :)

Stefan

I would have thought once someone won their number would no longer be eligible.

Well, congratulations again!

Nah, it was stated up front that everyone remains eligible each round :)

Woohoo! Dang Erik, seems like NJ lotto likes you! I say have Ryan buy you a ticket and see if you can get a trifecta!

Congrats and thanks to all! Awesome fun and great way to support one of our own!

Congrats!! I agree NJ lotto is sweet on you might as well buy a ticket see if your streak continues.

Wait wait wait wait wait...

1. Does this mean I won the shig?

2. I obviously need to start playing the lotto in NJ.

3. If the answer to number 1 is yes, then I'm quite sure that neither this knife's final destination nor its mission to help Bill Burke should end with me; I will send some PMs out tomorrow once I get some sleep and have some time to sort things out in my head.

3b. If the answer to number 1 is no, then nuts to the rest of ya, I'm keepin' whatever it is I just won! :p

"yes u can win more than once.."

Yep! My apology and congrats again!

I'd like to send out an enormous thank-you to Oivind, David and Tom for their incredibly generous donations to this endeavor--things would surely not have gotten rolling like they did or turned out so well without you! Also a huge hand to Ryan for organizing things, Dave for hosting it all and of course to everyone who donated; I am really happy to be a part of this community.

As for Bill, I've never seen one of your knives in person and I certainly haven't ever met you, but I truly do wish you, your wife and your family the best of luck now and in the future!

I would like to thank everyone for the incredible amount of support that we have recieved. Also congratulations to everyone on their winnings.

Wow, that would be crazy if it were true. That would be the classical definition of Trifecta, but nope, he only went 2 for 3 :wink:

Results:
Round 1 (Tom Gray's Awesome Pottery): Amon-Rukh
Round 2 (Awesome Boardsmith Board): Ulalume
Round 3 (Oivind's Shig!!): Amon-Rukh

Yeah, the cutting board seems to have somehow slipped past the number 38's awesome powers of winning. I'm actually really lucky that numbers were assigned at random, since I would never have picked something with a 3 in it under normal circumstances!

Well, Tom's cups arrived today and in the words of my fiancee, "WOW--those are f***ing rad!" Makes me wish I didn't have to work tonight, because I'd much rather spend the rest of the evening sipping delightful things from this awesome pottery! I'll try to put some pics us in the next few days. :D

I hadn't seen Tom's pottery before this event. I'm impressed and interested.

I case people missed the pictures of Tom's pottery that I put in the pottery festival thread a while back, I thought I'd put them up here too.
cup1.jpg

cups2.jpg

cups3.jpg

There are 4 cups total and each one is slightly different in both shape and the pattern on it. The size is just right to hold in your hand and the shape of them actually makes them really comfortable. We like them a lot!

And here is also a pic of Oivind's shig at work on Thanksgiving.
shig.jpg

The mailman had tried to deliver it while I was at work, and since it required a signature for delivery, had taken it back. But then the post office apparently misfiled it and nobody could find the package when I went to pick it up! I did finally get it the day before Thanksgiving--3 days after it was supposed to have come!

I can try to get some better pictures of these things up if people are interested. In the meantime, Best Wishes to Bill and his family once more!

Back