Green vegetables

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green vegetables are very beneficial for our health and fitness.
These vegetables play an important role keep the body fit and active. They control the cholesterol level and burn the extra fat to lose the body weight. The more beneficial green vegetables for the health are broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, spinach, and cauliflower.
Any comment?

Green veggies have limitless applications to every meal.

Sometimes my dinner is a salad. Cabbage can be added to any soup or stir fry. I use kale or chard when juicing. It can be used to make babies cry. Make children give their parents the silent treatment for 48 hours. Punish spoiled brats.

Lots of applications.

I love greens depending on what they're in, mostly when cooked, grilled half romaine heads, kimchi, green stir-fries, spinach cooked into anything. That being said I don't usually have much to do with greens unless I'm the one handling them - not a fan of greens boiled till they smell like cat pee.

We have green salad with at least seven vegetables twice a month as part of our regular rotation of meals. I like cabbage, raw or cooked, I've never eaten Brussels sprouts raw, but I like them roasted rather than boiled, they have a lot more flavor that way. I havnt had kale, but we are eating dandelion greens now, while they are still tasty.
Del

If you eat brussels raw just shave them really fine.

Brussel sprouts are amazing. Too bad most people have horrible memories of boiled to death under seasoned veg that scares them away.

Cut them in half and caramelise them in some kind of delicious fat and your laughing.

Although I guess smothering greens in fat and salt defeats the purpose of eating greens? Oh well

Atleast its greens you smothering in fat and not potato or protein haha. Although anything smothered in fat is amazing.

Chinese green veg simply stir fried is amazing. Also Kale is $5 for 3 leaves in the local supermarket, so not much call to stray beyond the spinach, book choy and other Asian greens.

Garlic and a hit of oyster sauce for the win. Boiled bitter veg is gross.

Geeze thats expensive in aus you can get a huge bunch of kale for between $2-4

Back