HC Handle Archive

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the way you did the spacers on this handle, stunning!

Love the way you did the spacers on this handle, stunning!

Thank you Mike, I like to try new things and this is the first time I've tried a spacer sideways like that between the ferrule and the body of the handle.
Like most things though, it looks better in person. It was hard getting a photo that allows you to see both spacers at the same time.

hi,i make a handle for my knife!but how to make the bolster and handle bottom chamfer better!i dont know how to beveling that !can you teach me?

I just hold the handle to the belt sander at a 45degree angle and a roll both ends of the handle 360degrees to form the chamfer

Here is a 210mm Mitsumi Hinoura Gyuto I just fitted up with a Handle. The handle is made with Arizona desert ironwood and cream buffalo horn. It has a thick brass inlay between the body of the handle and the ferrule. It also has a 1/4" brass dowel in the end and a split 3/8" brass dowel where the tang enters the handle.
Hope you all like it.
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image.jpeg
image4.jpeg

You've done it again. Another instant classic. Great looking work!

Love those cream buffalo horns! Can never get enough of those.

You've done it again. Another instant classic. Great looking work!

Thanks Marc, I really appreciate your feed back as well as everyone else who has commented!
Cream buffalo horn is defiantly one of my favorite materials and I have trouble not using it in everything.
The handle and knife were bought by my boss for his son's birthday on December 6th, I sure hope he likes it.

Here's a Takeda with ebony and black buffalo horn. It has a woolly mammoth inlay sandwiched between nickel silver.
IMG_5476.JPG

IMG_5478.jpg

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5482.JPG

I want it. So badass. I want a something like that for my kato. I'll pm you. Awesome stuff.

Thanks Turbo, badass was exactly what I thought of it when I saw it come together also.
I look forward to your pm

Here's one I just finished for a friend. 210mm hammered Yoshikane with purple heart, osage orange and brass. (I was thinking regal for this one)
IMG_7522.jpg
IMG_7517.JPG
IMG_7524.JPG

These handles are both understated and unique at the same time. Love them!

Very nice, I actually have a large block of purpleheart sitting next to me for a DIY handle. I'm thinking about stabilizing it, mostly because I need to get over the minimum weight to send to K&G. Your piece looks great and it makes me want to get mine done sooner. Thanks for the inspiration!

That is an amazing handle. Simple and elegant.

That's pretty much what I am aiming for when making handles these days. I like to through in some small detail to make them stand apart from everyone else's handles.

Just finished up this 240mm konosuke GS with black and white ebony with a marbled buffalo horn ferrule and a muskox horn ferrule end cap.
B%26W1.jpg
B%26W2.jpg
B%26W3.jpg
B%26W4.jpg

Back