Hello everyone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozg31337

Reaction score
A quick intro and Hello everyone!

I like cooking for my family and friends, even though the last year your two has been very difficult to find the time to do so. I am a big fan of Japanese knives and have a very small, but slowly growing collection.

I've got 3 knives from the Shun Classic collection, The Chef, utility and petty knife. I am learning freehand stone sharpening and also use the Edge Pro system.

I have ordered my dream knife just recently, the Watanabe Gyuto Honyaki 255 length with mirror polish option. I will pick it up from the Watanabe workshop when I will come to Japan in September this year ))

Cheers and stay sharp

I am learning quickly that this is an expensive hobby!!! good luck to you

Wow, Shun to Watanabe honyaki in one step. You don’t muck around do you. I can’t wait to see what your second knife is going to be. Welcome, congratulations on your purchase and please toss your Edge Pro out before the honyaki arrives.

Wow, Shun to Watanabe honyaki in one step. You don’t muck around do you. I can’t wait to see what your second knife is going to be. Welcome, congratulations on your purchase and please toss your Edge Pro out before the honyaki arrives.

Well, I have used a few other knives that my friends have, so it is not a direct switch ))) I think I have found a pretty good knife to use for sometime, however, I was looking for some Santoku knives as an all rounders ;-)

Anyway, the Watanabe Honyaki is in the works and will be ready for my collection in September! Can't wait!

Back