• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS hiromoto 240 honyaki gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a well used hiromoto honyaki that hasn't been in my rotation for a long time so it's time to find a new home. but I have no idea what I got it for or how much this would be worth these days.

it started off as a bolsterless western with rosewood handle. that handle was garbage so I had it converted to wa and put a d shaped bog oak on it (Buffalo horn ferrule)

it's probably lost like 2 or 3mm of heel height over it's lifetime from heavy usage, this thing is tough as nails and has never chipped on me. I would guess hardness around 61-62.

there once was a very faint hamon line but this has years of patina accumulated and the hamon is nowhere to be seen.

couple pitting spots as you can see in the photos. also on spine and heel area where it meets the handle. I'm sure that could be scuffed out if you choose.

if this is something you would be interested in, let's have a conversation..

600 or best offer
1000119848.jpg
1000119849.jpg
1000119850.jpg
1000119851.jpg
1000119852.jpg
1000119853.jpg
1000119854.jpg
1000119855.jpg

Last edited:
The Hiromoto honyaki is such a good knife with the western handle for me (I love mine). If you are a WA handle person this is even more special!

Good luck with the sale!

Last edited:
you sir have quite a knife collection!! 👌 high praise coming from you.
It really is a great knife and it has a strong place in my line up! It has beaten off many more expensive knives too! I think I've owned mine for 8 years and counting!

I hope it goes to a good home. GLWS!

Last edited:
Back